Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lodimup
    Lodimup
    Participant

Currently, my host does not allow wp to be in root. I.e. Content folder is in /w/

Consequently, my symbolcard resides here at: http://piccaimage.com/w/symbiocard.csv

So, in symbiostock_site field URL is incorrectly labelled as piccaimage.com/w/ which will return 404.

Are there any other workaround other than setting a redirection page instead of wordpress’s index.php in root?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I wouldn’t worry about it. Soon Symbio is going through a huge conversion and those things will be history. I think Joanne had an issue like you once.

Profile photo of Lodimup
    Lodimup
    Participant

I see, I’m waiting for the day we don’t have to rely only on stock agencies.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I did have that problem (not because my host wouldn’t permit it but because of how my site was set up at the time.

The workaround is to make a subdomain for the directory you install wordpresss into. My site is actually in stock.snovers.com (the subdomain) and my URL – digitalbristles.com is mapped to that subdomain.

With Bluehost, you set up subdomains and associate domain names with them via the cPanel interface. You can do almost everything yourself – if I had not had some existing stuff to undo that involved the top level domain name I wouldn’t have had to contact Bluehost support at all.

You don’t need the extra domain name, but I didn’t want the site to have the form stock.(site name).com. That works as you can see from this site

http://stock.tdahlphotography.com/

(and it was Tim who pointed out this workaround when I was bemoaning the problems with the subdirectory install)

Profile photo of Lodimup
    Lodimup
    Participant

Thank you. For now I’ll just use a script to redirect to my actual wp directory. Not pretty but works. I’m exhausted already. :mrgreen:

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

You just point your domain to the sub folder of your web. Problem solved.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.