Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

I was wondering if one can set up Categories that are not visible to site visitors. It sounds pointless on the surface but it is a great tool to manage things behind the scenes.

One use would be to do bulk edits. An invisible Category could be Rights Managed/Extended/RF/etc. It would allow changing/editing things like prices and such on files but in bulk.

This isn’t a pressing issue but I’ve been wondering for a while if it is possible within the current framework.

Jo

Profile photo of stevephoto
    stevephoto
    Participant

I would think if you didn’t put the categories in a menu they would only be visible to you on the admin side.

Edit:
    Actually that wont work>

I wanted to show all my sub categories so I made my own Categories / Sub Categories page and I’m not linking to the site generated Categories page.

You could do the same – making a page showing only the categories you want to show and not linking to the site generated page.

Steve
    http://www.softlightstock.com

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@stevephoto wrote:

I would think if you didn’t put the categories in a menu they would only be visible to you on the admin side.

Edit:
    Actually that wont work>

I wanted to show all my sub categories so I made my own Categories / Sub Categories page and I’m not linking to the site generated Categories page.

You could do the same – making a page showing only the categories you want to show and not linking to the site generated page.

Yes, the site categories page automatically populates itself. I rather like the new look Categories page though hehe. Even though the subcategories are alphabetically reversed I think it’s great.

Thanks for the idea though. I hadn’t thought to create a manual page of categories.

Jo

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

Even though the subcategories are alphabetically reversed I think it’s great.

I’ve seen something that controls that order somewhere in the Customizer section. You should be ableto have them go in the correct alpha order if you set it that way.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@marthamarks wrote:

I’ve seen something that controls that order somewhere in the Customizer section. You should be ableto have them go in the correct alpha order if you set it that way.

I just can’t find it. I looked in the page properties, under the visual customiser, every where I can think. Maybe only in the code?

Jo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.