Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of EggHeadStock
    EggHeadStock
    Participant

Hi, my name is Elian. I’m new here and want to say hello from The Netherlands.

First I should say what a great idea the whole SS concept is. I am very excited by all the possibilities and the community. Appreciate all the information available from the people here. I still have a lot to do but it is great fun!

I’ve been busy for a while with the problem that the footer of my site won’t show the gradient I have set up through ‘Appearance | Customize ‘ in IE10 while working fine in Firefox. Same happens using the CSS border-radius property. I am using the Dragonfly theme but also happens with the Child theme.

I’ve been reading and trying trying a lot on CSS3 browser compatibility but couldn’t find a solution. Then I noticed that the IE compatibility settings where set to

Browerser Mode: IE10
    Document Mode: IE9

when visiting my site. When I change the document mode to ‘Standards’ the page renders fine.

I found out this was triggered by this code in the symbiostock/header.php

By removing the content= part the site now displays properly in IE10.
    Is it wise to change this code or will I get other compatibility problems??

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Welcome Elian. Can you change your signature to include a link to your web site so others can take a look?

Sorry I can’t offer any specific help on your question, but I read a lot of stuff that talks about odd behavior in IE when Chrome, Firefox, etc. work OK.

Looking at market share – this for example – indicates that it is much less of a problem than it used to be if something’s not quite right in IE.

What I’m suggesting is not to ignore this completely, but focus on getting your site up and running and worry about the display problems in a browser or two at the end. By then it may already be fixed anyway 🙂

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Hi Elian and Welcome to Symbiostock

I can’t help either I eventually just accepted that people using IE will not see the colours in my site as I do not think this will affect sales

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of EggHeadStock
    EggHeadStock
    Participant

Thank you both for the advice. I should indeed stay on course to get my website in the air. 🙂

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

Welcome aboard Elian!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.