Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

As many know I had all sorts of issues with my web hosting and not being able to get Symbiostock working.
    Anyway I made the move to Blue Host …. wow what a difference.
    Installed WordPress, installed Symbiostock, installed dragonfly.

Now am up and running … made sure the image uploader worked and image page showed what they were supposed to … yay all present and correct, now I am onto doing menus and things.
    It did upload the photo and it did upload a vector … awesome!

I have created pages for my external stuff and have them in a menu … not sure if I did it right … but for now they are there. Lots more to work out yet.

I have to thank the people in the technical forum for their help 🙂

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Wendy, that’s wonderful news to hear all is working smoothly for you now! It’s surprising to see the effect a host can have on the function of the site. I think of the host as just a system to park on but clearly whatever they do in the background can have a lot of impact on our programs.

I’ll be looking forward to seeing your site when you’ve got it ready to share.

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

@klsbear wrote:

Wendy, that’s wonderful news to hear all is working smoothly for you now! It’s surprising to see the effect a host can have on the function of the site. I think of the host as just a system to park on but clearly whatever they do in the background can have a lot of impact on our programs.

I’ll be looking forward to seeing your site when you’ve got it ready to share.

I agree after nearly 3 weeks of stress, things have been going smoothly ….

Here is the progress so far 🙂 … still a little way to go with things but we are getting there slowly

http://www.hereswendy.com

By the way is there anyway to change the currency to australia dollars?

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Currency changes, yyou will find this ubder the Symbiostock bee option in your dashboard under the settings tab

I will post a link to the bit of the tutorial that covers this
    viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1122

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

Fellow Aussie? Welcome!

As for currency though, there is no AU dollar option at the moment, I have just stuck to US as it’s probably more commonly accepted anyway.

All the best with it.

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of KimsCreativeHub
    KimsCreativeHub
    Participant

Congrats on your new site Wendy 🙂

Very interesting about the “hosting effect” what hosting gave you problems ?

My Very Best 🙂
    KimsCreativeHub.com

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

@christine wrote:

Currency changes, yyou will find this ubder the Symbiostock bee option in your dashboard under the settings tab

I will post a link to the bit of the tutorial that covers this
    viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1122

Hi Kim I had worked out ow to change currency but could not see an Australian Dollar Option.

@thp wrote:

Fellow Aussie? Welcome!
    As for currency though, there is no AU dollar option at the moment, I have just stuck to US as it’s probably more commonly accepted anyway.
    All the best with it.

Good to see another Aussie 🙂 I had wondered about the currency, I have it set to USD at the moment.

@kimscreativehub wrote:

My Very Best 🙂
    KimsCreativeHub.com

Thank you for the congrats … its building nicely I hope.
    The host I was with was EasyCGI and I had been with them for years … so far Blue Host is proving very user friendly.

I have my cart menu showing up and a menu under my header file …. so onto the next part …. 😀 talk about a learning curve phew!

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

you can keep the US currency, but note that you will accept other currencies thru paypal, and then make sure your paypal account reflects that

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

you can keep the US currency, but note that you will accept other currencies thru paypal, and then make sure your paypal account reflects that

Good point I will have to check that 🙂

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

My Paypal accepts USD so hopefully that will be enough. (have added the other options .. I had forgotten how to do it lol)
    I now have 6 images up there, I have not checked to see if Paypal works yet …. but if someone wants to take a look and see if it works, then that would be cool 🙂

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I had problems the first time through creating an account, but I’m not sure why. I tried a second time and things worked fine.

I was able to make a purchase via PayPal (just refund the money when you get a minute) and the file hasn’t yet moved into the download area. Sometimes it’s slow, so I’ll just wait a bit and try again in a few

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

@joannsnover wrote:

I had problems the first time through creating an account, but I’m not sure why. I tried a second time and things worked fine.

I was able to make a purchase via PayPal (just refund the money when you get a minute) and the file hasn’t yet moved into the download area. Sometimes it’s slow, so I’ll just wait a bit and try again in a few

Thanks for testing JoAnn, will refund in just a moment, its good to know the checkout works 🙂

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

@wendy wrote:

@joannsnover wrote:

Thanks for testing JoAnn, will refund in just a moment, its good to know the checkout works 🙂

Done 😀

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

@kimscreativehub wrote:

My Very Best 🙂
    KimsCreativeHub.com

I just spoke to another person who said that they also had to change web sites from EasyCGI as they were “useless” … one to avoid I think!

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I received the refund – thanks – but I still don’t have the image in the download area – it’s in the cart still.

Have a look at some of the other threads on this to check and see that you either have no IPN or the correct one filled in (and check the PayPal end of that too)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=584&hilit=can%27t+download

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1040&hilit=can%27t+download

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=946&hilit=can%27t+download

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=605&hilit=can%27t+download

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.