Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of offscreen
    offscreen
    Participant

Good morning everyone, I hope the day is going well for you. I am new here and wanted to say hello. I have yet to open a site, I am still learning.

I do have one question, meant with complete respect so if i step on toes please forgive me.

The question.

When I search (google & yahoo) the first listing is for the artist “start a website” page. It is also listed as the .com site. The second is the .net site for customers. I understand the need for the artist website, but shouldn’t the first and most prominent page be the customer site ? Shouldn’t the search be customer first artist second or do I not understand the concept at all? The contributors always know where to dig to sign up and I realize the whole thing is made up of individuals and their website, but does this miss the customer some how or is it confusing to them ?? The .net site is the main search page for customers correct ??

again, all due respect, I am learning.
    Thanks

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Hi and Welcome

I am not aware of any way of changing those specific search results within google and yahoo – I would guess that .com would always come first ?

Most people will land on the network via individual sites rather than the specific symbiostock sites I expect

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

if you’re looking to start a website, then those sites are appropriate; if you’re a customer, you probably don’t care if it’s a symbiostock site – instead you’ll go directly to the images you want. make sense?

there are 2 global search sites that also come up on the google search for ‘symbiostock’

let us know if you need any help while setting up your site

Profile photo of offscreen
    offscreen
    Participant

Thanks for the answers and the offers for help.

What are the tools used by the artist to draw customers to their Symbiostock website ??

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

@offscreen wrote:

What are the tools used by the artist to draw customers to their Symbiostock website ??

The search engines (mostly Google Search and Google Image Search).

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@offscreen wrote:

Thanks for the answers and the offers for help.

symbio itself was designed to help with seo — in addition the symbio sitemap plugin and that by yoast are extremely helpful — signup for goggle webmaster tools and submit your sitemap there – it’s probably the single best way to get started

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.