Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I’m certain I’m overlooking something really simple…but in the standard child theme where are the links for the navigation defined? Right now it only has the ‘current’ page in the link.

And if I wish to modify the styles on the classes I can do that in the child theme css correct?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Can you tell me if you are using the latest Symbio or not?

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

2.6.5 is what it says on the theme page, just downloaded it last week and it seems to be the same version on github.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

If you like we can get you set up with the latest version which makes changes much easier? Its looking very good now, and more fixes are under way on it.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I’d love to use the new version. By the time I’m ready to launch, I’m sure it will be the ‘stable version’ or near enough!

Does Premium work with the new version? Waiting on a couple payouts and then I’m going to spend the bucks…and pray I can recover the investment. 😉

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Yes – hopefully it wasn’t too much of an investment for you! I’ve tried to keep it low. Actually I had intended to up the price to $150 but I’ve settled to keep it at $75. Meanwhile I just try to increase the value of both the base and premium versions and hope for more sales.

Yes, the premium works with the new version. I’m still ironing out a few things, but its very well along now. Later on I’ll post here when the new download link is ready.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

It’s a bit steep for me at the moment, but I closed my DT account and the payout from there will pay for it. If I were working it would be a minor thing, but right now… However, I decided I needed to do it because I’m selling more ELs on the micros I’m on…and I’d really like to have *all* of that for myself. *grumble* 460 credit sale on 123…$35 *grumble*.

I value what you’ve done here with Symbio so even though I love free and I don’t think I’ve ever bought a paid plug-in/theme for WP…I think it is worth the money. If people don’t invest time/money/etc into projects like this the developer has to walk away because they spend all their time doing ‘free’ support and have little time for things that make them money to pay their rent and feed their bodies and souls.

Then, I’ll be watching for my next Bluehost/Google promo card and doing it. 😉

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

Okay now using 2.7.2 I’ve got the main nav bar with the links I want and there are still links to every page that was somehow auto generated.

Where is that turned off? A lot of the pages there are not ones that should be seen except when triggered by user activity.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

In your WordPress dashboard, go to appearance, then menus, then create a new menu (I called mine main menu). To the left you’ll see all the links you can add to that menu. Check only the ones you want. Then go over to “menu settings” on the right hand side under “menu structure,” and check “above header menu” and “header menu.” That’s what worked for me…though I’m definitely a newbie.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

Thank shelma, that’s what I did to create the menu buttons that aren’t circled but the other stuff was there ‘automagically’ and without going into the code I can’t find a way to turn it off. Could be a bug, I suppose but it was in the ‘stable’ version too. :-/

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Christine gave this great answer on another thread:

Go to
    Appearance
    Menu
    Above Header Menu
      There will be lots of items here
         click on the tiny down triangle on each item title bar to open up the options
             Click  Delete
    Repeat with each item you do not want in the above header area

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

So, there was *nothing* there when I created the original menu, but I went ahead and deleted the menu I had created and started over.

Suddenly, it’s gone. No clue, what could have triggered it but there ya have it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.