Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

Is anyone else getting an influx of New User registrations over the last couple of days? Strange names and strange yahoo addies that don’t match (not saying that is an indicator … ), it just seems a bit coincidental.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

No, but I use Anti-Captcha (plugin) to ward that sort of thing off. It doesn’t put any barriers in the way of humans, but sticks up captchas for bots (with code that isn’t visible in the UI, so if any input is given, it knows it’s a bot and ignores it).

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

I get new users , but I have comments turned off, so they don’t really affect anything and I can keep my plugins to a minimum – if they’re spam, they’ll find they can’t really do anything so it acts as a twit filter

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

I havent got the anticaptcha thingy … I do have comments turned off so will just keep an eye on it for now. Thanks guys … 🙂

Profile photo of captainoliver
    captainoliver
    Participant

Best thing you can do against fake bot registrations is to install “Stop Spammers” http://wordpress.org/plugins/stop-spammer-registrations-plugin/. Perfect little plugin, very aggressive and intelligent. I use it for years on several blogs – not even one real user is blocked so far but thousands of bot registrations prevented. Give it a try.

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

@captainoliver wrote:

Best thing you can do against fake bot registrations is to install “Stop Spammers” http://wordpress.org/plugins/stop-spammer-registrations-plugin/. Perfect little plugin, very aggressive and intelligent. I use it for years on several blogs – not even one real user is blocked so far but thousands of bot registrations prevented. Give it a try.

Thanks Oliver 🙂 I will, I have heaps of registrations that I dont think are potential buyers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.