Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

looks like google is slowly working its way thru every keyword used by symbiostock sites — today it’s been looking at the G’s and a few C’s — the latter appear every 45-50 minutes, the G’s every 6-8 minutes. each of those searches turns up 10 – hundreds of images

not sure how this works out, but my sitemaps account for only about 4,000 of the 14,000 ‘pages’ google has indexed on my site.

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

looks like google is slowly working its way thru every keyword used by symbiostock sites — today it’s been looking at the G’s and a few C’s — the latter appear every 45-50 minutes, the G’s every 6-8 minutes. each of those searches turns up 10 – hundreds of images

not sure how this works out, but my sitemaps account for only about 4,000 of the 14,000 ‘pages’ google has indexed on my site.

l would love to know how you keep track of this information.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

whenever a search is done, i log the ip, search type, timestamp and search keyword(s), then I can list searches by search type, etc. google & other bots are pretty easy to identify by their ip. right now it’s running 1000-3000 searches per day, so biggest problem is figuring how to display the data in a meaningful way

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.