Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@cathyslife stockphotos wrote:

@marthamarks wrote:

Yes, that worked. Thanks for the tip, Cathy. I’ve never even set that up for my other site, so once this one is done (whenever that is, if ever) maybe I’ll think about doing it there too. It matters more here than there, methinks.

Next question… are you guys pasting that code onto every single image page? And if so, can it go anywhere on the page? At the bottom of the other coded text, I assume. That’s what I started doing this evening. It will take a while if needed on every page. Good busy-work project for when there’s nothing else to do. 🙂

Probably should start a new thread, as we are hijacking this one about the decrease of number of visitors.

But you dont have to paste in every page…there is a google analytics item under settings in wp dashboard…you paste your ua number there and wp does it. Install plugin ” google analytics for wordpress”.

OK. I’m starting a new thread. Ta da!!!

Over on the old thread, I asked for help in setting up Google Analytics and got it. You guys are great. Thanks!

So now I’ve got GA set up, but I’m still not seeing the graphs and charts and all that fabulous info that others see. Retracing my footsteps, here’s what I’ve done:

Under Settings > Google Analytics > “Google Analytics for WordPress Configuration”, I manually entered my UA code and told it to place that code in the header. I clicked “Update Google Analytics Settings”.

And… I continue to see the same settings page, complete with ads from Yoast. Obviously, that set-up page doesn’t change.

So… where do I now go to find all that great GA info you guys are seeing?

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

It has been about a month since I set mine up but if I remember correctly it took 2 or 3 days for any data to show up once I installed GA and manually installed the UA code as you did.

The graphs are on the Google Analytics site. You should have created an account on GA to get the UA code. Just login to your GA account.

marthamarks
    Participant

@tdahl-stock wrote:

It has been about a month since I set mine up but if I remember correctly it took 2 or 3 days for any data to show up once I installed GA and manually installed the UA code as you did.

The graphs are on the Google Analytics site. You should have created an account on GA to get the UA code. Just login to your GA account.

OK. That makes sense. I set up the GA a few days ago, so maybe it’s got something for me already. I’ll go check it out.

Muchas gracias, amigo!

EDITED A FEW MINUTES LATER: YES!!! That worked. I’m “in”. One more hurdle behind me. I appreciate your help very much.

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

No problem. Glad you got it going. 🙂

marthamarks
    Participant

@tdahl-stock wrote:

So am I! Now I too will be among those “in the know” with my very own visitor graphs and charts and stuff. 🙂

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@marthamarks wrote:

@tdahl-stock wrote:

So am I! Now I too will be among those “in the know” with my very own visitor graphs and charts and stuff. 🙂

you may be the only one who HAS anything to report from google analytics, based on what we’ve been seeing

I suspect the latest google changes broke something in analytics on wordpress sites (my other sites are reporting as before) — i’ve encountered this before (most recently about 3 months ago with my smugmug account), where a verified site suddenly stops working. nothing nefarious, just 2 bits of code that decide to go on holiday

marthamarks
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

@marthamarks wrote:

@tdahl-stock wrote:

you may be the only one who HAS anything to report from google analytics, based on what we’ve been seeing

I suspect the latest google changes broke something in analytics on wordpress sites (my other sites are reporting as before) — i’ve encountered this before (most recently about 3 months ago with my smugmug account), where a verified site suddenly stops working. nothing nefarious, just 2 bits of code that decide to go on holiday

Well, since I just set it up 2-3 days ago, at this moment my GA page only has today’s visitors to report. It’s an interesting graph: flat-flat-flat then ZOOM! a whole 16 unique visitors to report. I’m on a fabulous roll.

LOL!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.