Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

personally, i’ll be allowing free use of any of my thumbnails on websites as long as the user includes the links to my site. this will be an additional option on search – and can gain you additional external google links. on the results page, the user will click on a link that will provide them the source code to include on their web or blog page

if you’re interested in using this feature just let me know here or by email — this will be a realtime feature that you can turn on or off at any time

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I used to have a wordpress plugin that was available to general wordpress sites…it would search my database and provide thumbnail or watermark images for use on condition that backlink was retained. In general its pretty helpful (your on the right track) although it doesn’t give HUGE amounts of traffic, every bit of linkjuice and click is welcome.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@leo wrote:

I used to have a wordpress plugin that was available to general wordpress sites…it would search my database and provide thumbnail or watermark images for use on condition that backlink was retained. In general its pretty helpful (your on the right track) although it doesn’t give HUGE amounts of traffic, every bit of linkjuice and click is welcome.

anyone can already extract those links from the results page on symbiostock-search.com, but not all sites give explicit permission to do so. this will make the process a bit more transparent and will also encourage users to contact those without the ‘free’ flag before using the image thumbnail

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I would prefer not to offer thumbnails for free, I did not want to watermark them either but maybe this would prompt me to wish the option to be added.

When I want to make an offer I would prefer to do it though my own site or targeted marketing, not offered to anyone and everyone without any controls. I have found too many people just collect and use “free” stuff regardless of any conditions that might be attached.

Thanks for the offer though

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

@christine wrote:

I would prefer not to offer thumbnails for free, I did not want to watermark them either but maybe this would prompt me to wish the option to be added.

When I want to make an offer I would prefer to do it though my own site or targeted marketing, not offered to anyone and everyone without any controls. I have found too many people just collect and use “free” stuff regardless of any conditions that might be attached.

Thanks for the offer though

I agree with you Christine

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.