Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Hi folks,

My path mysite/images was supposed to show all my images, and it is empty (no images) as you can check by clicking on the link below. Any idea what can be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

It’s image singular, not plural. It works:

http://www.arquivoscriativos.com.br/en/image/

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

That is something new I have learned today

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@joannsnover wrote:

It’s image singular, not plural. It works:

http://www.arquivoscriativos.com.br/en/image/

Thanks for your reply Jo Ann. Weird it doesn’t work for pt or direct link:

http://www.arquivoscriativos.com.br/pt/image/

http://www.arquivoscriativos.com.br/image/

I’ll try without child and other tests…

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Ok, by deactivating the child theme and activating the parent, it works normal. I wonder what code controls it that I would add in the child functions.php?

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

ok, actually by deactivating the pt_BR.po file, it shows normally, now I wonder where in the default.po file it controls or have some code that may mess this when translated. It seems I shouldn’t had translated some text that should remain as a code.

Any tip?

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@lucato wrote:

ok, actually by deactivating the pt_BR.po file, it shows normally, now I wonder where in the default.po file it controls or have some code that may mess this when translated. It seems I shouldn’t had translated some text that should remain as a code.

Any tip?

I’d guess to look for where you’ve translated “image” 🙂

I did try /pt/iimagen/ but that doesn’t work

I’m guessing that one of the places in interpreter.php that does a check for ‘image’ before displaying results is failing because the thing it is checking against is now saying imagen

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

If Jo Ann is right you should find some entry in the error_log file that might help in pinpointing the cause of your troubles.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@joannsnover wrote:

I’d guess to look for where you’ve translated “image” 🙂
    – Hehehe, actually I did it, but there are 6 “zillions” of words image there. So, it would be easier to ask in the forums if somebody know the direct place. :0)

@joannsnover wrote:

I did try /pt/iimagen/ but that doesn’t work
    – Jo Ann, it didn’t work because, it should be in singular imagem and as plural imagens. Just kidding, even in the correct Brazilian Portuguese it isn’t working. ;0)

@joannsnover wrote:

I’m guessing that one of the places in interpreter.php that does a check for ‘image’ before displaying results is failing because the thing it is checking against is now saying imagen

– I’ll check this, thanks for the tip. Any news I’ll post back.

Have a nice weekend.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@Imago Borealis wrote:

If Jo Ann is right you should find some entry in the error_log file that might help in pinpointing the cause of your troubles.

Hey Imago, thanks for the help. I’ll check this file too.
    Have a nice weekend.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

^ For me it is too much complicated to understand the errors. It seems to not be accepting some Special Entities.
    I have cleaned the error log and just ran the link above and here are the results in the error_log:

[08-Feb-2014 10:55:54 UTC] PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): Entity: line 1951: parser error : Entity 'oacute' not defined in /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/interpreter.php on line 54
    [08-Feb-2014 10:55:54 UTC] PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): -numbers" href="http://www.arquivoscriativos.com.br/image/page/2/">Pró in /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/interpreter.php on line 54
    [08-Feb-2014 10:55:54 UTC] PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): ^ in /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/interpreter.php on line 54
    [08-Feb-2014 10:55:54 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/interpreter.php:54
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/interpreter.php(54): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('<?xml version="...')
    #1 /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/network-manager.php(1801): symbiostock_interpret_results('<?xml version="...')
    #2 /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/archive-image.php(42): network_manager->display_results(false)
    #3 /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-includes/template-loader.php(74): include('/home1/myroot/...')
    #4 /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-blog-header.php(16): require_once('/home1/myroot/...')
    #5 /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/index.php(17): require('/home1/ in /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/interpreter.php on line 54
    [08-Feb-2014 10:55:56 UTC] PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): Entity: line 1951: parser error : Entity 'oacute' not defined in /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/interpreter.php on line 54
    [08-Feb-2014 10:55:56 UTC] PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): -numbers" href="http://www.arquivoscriativos.com.br/image/page/2/"&gt;Pr&oacute; in /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/interpreter.php on line 54
    [08-Feb-2014 10:55:56 UTC] PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): ^ in /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/interpreter.php on line 54
    [08-Feb-2014 10:55:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/interpreter.php:54
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/interpreter.php(54): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('<?xml version="...')
    #1 /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/network-manager.php(1801): symbiostock_interpret_results('<?xml version="...')
    #2 /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/archive-image.php(42): network_manager->display_results(false)
    #3 /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-includes/template-loader.php(74): include('/home1/myroot/...')
    #4 /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-blog-header.php(16): require_once('/home1/myroot/...')
    #5 /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/index.php(17): require('/home1/ in /home1/myroot/public_html/mysite/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/interpreter.php on line 54

Any help?

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

So the fatal error is in this line in interpreter.php:

$results = new SimpleXmlElement( $symbiostock_xml_results );

This is in the function symbiostock_interpret_results() which is called from symbiostock_build_html_results() inside a section that is reached when the following test is true

if(!isset($results)){

All the code in there is what to do when a search produces no results. It shouldn’t be there when you’re looking at your portfolio. AJT knows a fair bit about this code (I think because he wrote some or all of it) – perhaps PM him and ask him to take a look?

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@joannsnover wrote:

So the fatal error is in this line in interpreter.php:

$results = new SimpleXmlElement( $symbiostock_xml_results );

This is in the function symbiostock_interpret_results() which is called from symbiostock_build_html_results() inside a section that is reached when the following test is true

if(!isset($results)){

All the code in there is what to do when a search produces no results. It shouldn’t be there when you’re looking at your portfolio. AJT knows a fair bit about this code (I think because he wrote some or all of it) – perhaps PM him and ask him to take a look?

In spite of not understanding a word or code line above, thanks for your reply. :0)
    I’ll try to reach ajt via PM. Thanks for your help Jo Ann.

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

Lucato,

Have you changed language version in WordPress config file?
    I mean wp-config.php and this line:

define(‘WPLANG’, ”);

If you use other languages, there can be a problem with “Prev” and “Next”, if translations in that languages contain letters different than a..z.
    “Next” in Portuguese is “Próximo”
    I can see the problem is here:
    Próximo

Interpreter sees “ó” coded as “ó” and crashes.

Leo: maybe pagination links in xml results could be wrapped in CDATA?

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@ajt wrote:

Lucato, Have you changed language version in WordPress config file?
    I mean wp-config.php and this line:

define(‘WPLANG’, ”);

If you use other languages, there can be a problem with “Prev” and “Next”, if translations in that languages contain letters different than a..z.
    “Next” in Portuguese is “Próximo”
    I can see the problem is here:
    Próximo

Interpreter sees “ó” coded as “ó” and crashes.

Leo: maybe pagination links in xml results could be wrapped in CDATA?

Yes, I have changed to Brazilian Portuguese once I’m using a multi-lingual SYM theme and this language uses special characters such as á, é , ã, ç, õ, and etc.

define(‘WPLANG’, ”pt_BR”);

Leo need to check it to accept these characters once it isn’t just Brazilian Portuguese that uses such characters. We have also Italian, Portuguese (Portugal), Spanish, French, Dutch , Flemish, Afrikaans, and etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.