Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DonLand
    DonLand
    Participant

Is there anyway to set the first image that appears in each category gallery?

Profile photo of sandorgora
    sandorgora
    Participant

maybe you are looking for this?
    (on the old forum)
    http://www.microstockgroup.com/symbiostock-development-area/pages-browsing-bug/

Profile photo of DonLand
    DonLand
    Participant

Yea, thanks for digging that up, but that is not quite what I’m interested in. I’m running Symbio 2.6.5 and as far as I can tell I do not see any duplicates.

On my Symbio home page I’m running a plug in that enables me to have a grid of photos that when clicked leads to a specified category. The problem is since the image is clickable and leads to a gallery, I would like that image to be the first image in the gallery so a potential client does not have to search the gallery to find that particular image.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

This isn’t a general solution, but it will work with one image per gallery. The rank system (1,2,3) will let you control what’s up front as long as the rest of your work isn’t rank #1.

I just tried this with the Beaches and Family links from my front page to those categories. Making the images showing on the front page show up first in the results was achieved by making them rank #1.

Will that help?

Profile photo of DonLand
    DonLand
    Participant

An aha moment!
    I forgot about that! Thanks, that will work perfectly.

@jsnover wrote:

This isn’t a general solution, but it will work with one image per gallery. The rank system (1,2,3) will let you control what’s up front as long as the rest of your work isn’t rank #1.

I just tried this with the Beaches and Family links from my front page to those categories. Making the images showing on the front page show up first in the results was achieved by making them rank #1.

Will that help?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.