Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

Is there a maximun file size that symbio and blue host can process?

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

That will be dependent on server settings – I have many 25 MB images that are well over 21 megapixels (panoramas and such). You need memory for ImageMagick. There are some threads here on this:

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1129&hilit=memory_limit#p10748

http://www.symbiostock.net/increasing-the-memory-for-symbiostock-sites/

viewtopic.php?p=4390#p4390

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

@joannsnover wrote:

That will be dependent on server settings – I have many 25 MB images that are well over 21 megapixels (panoramas and such). You need memory for ImageMagick. There are some threads here on this:

viewtopic.php

viewtopic.php

viewtopic.php

Thanks JoAnn…for me imagemagick does not seem to be working … I am sure I change my ini settings as was mentioned in one post I read.. The links you posted dont go anywhere 🙁 MOre research needed I can see.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

sorry about the bogus links. I’ve fixed them (although I can’t be certain they’re the same ones I intended to post before).

If you aren’t seeing ImageMagick in the Process Images tab (at the top left), and if you have tried to use the BlueHost cPanel to enable it, contact BlueHost support to get it straightened out. I once had to do that for a test site (in a subdomain). I thought I’d enabled ImageMagick but the test site was still using GD. I contacted Bluehost and explained; there was an ini file setting somewhere that was overriding the choices I was making and they changed it for me.

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

Good idea JoAnn … will keep plodding with it if I can find where the settings are wrong I will definitely contact Blue Host. Thanks for the links, am off to look at them now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.