Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lbarn
    lbarn
    Participant

What is the method to get multiple lines of featured images on the home page? Is it a custom css edit? I am using the most recent version.

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

If I understand you correctly assign more images to the category “Symbiostock Featured Images”. For an example I have 7 images assigned that category on my test site here, Tdahl Test Site, and you can see the 7th image aligns on the second row. I am not sure what the limit is. I think there was a suggested limit of 6 in the past but maybe someone else here has more info.

-Tim

Profile photo of lbarn
    lbarn
    Participant

I had hoped it was as easy as adding a few more featured images, but I tried that before I posted, and again just now. The only images under featured are the 6 I picked months ago.

tdahl-stock
    Participant

I am using the generated home page which has the built in “Featured Images” and “Latest Images” built into it so I am not sure now if it is different than using the widgets. Leo or someone that knows may have to give input.

Might be good to describe what version SY theme you are running, briefly how your setup, and the widget you are using. I jumped to a conclusion so it might be good for others to know details so they may be able to help better.

sorry
    -Tim

Profile photo of lbarn
    lbarn
    Participant

basic child theme on 2.89 using the new generated home page with the built in “featured and latest” feature.

tdahl-stock
    Participant

Then I am stumped. Sounds like you have the same setup as I do.

tdahl-stock
    Participant

Well, did some testing on my test site. Looks like it may not be working right. On the image below you can see the layout with 7 images and then the layout with another image added.

Profile photo of lbarn
    lbarn
    Participant

Thankfully, I figured it out. I wasn’t “flagging” the featured images properly. I had forgotten there was a Symbiostock Featured Images Category, once I selected that and updated the image page, more images appeared in the featured images portion of the home page.

I had selected my original 6 images back in April, and had forgotten about the proper category name.

FYI

Lee

tdahl-stock
    Participant

@lbarn wrote:

Thankfully, I figured it out. I wasn’t “flagging” the featured images properly. I had forgotten there was a Symbiostock Featured Images Category, once I selected that and updated the image page, more images appeared in the featured images portion of the home page.

I had selected my original 6 images back in April, and had forgotten about the proper category name.

FYI

Lee

Cool, glad you got it working.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.