Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Does anybody know where the dublin core meta data block in the section of our image pages is coming from? Or how/where it is to be altered?

I noticed that the “dc.title” and “dc.desctription” tags are identical which is probably not the way it’s supposed to be.

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

The code is in a function called symbiostock_dublin_core in the functions.php file.

If you figure out how to change this, please let me know.

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

Looks like I might have figured it out.

Change the following line from:

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Thanks a lot. I’ll give it a try.

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Is this referring to a code error that we all should fix?

I’m finding all the “code” talk to be very confusing since I don’t have a programming background. It’s hard to sort out if the posts are about correcting a code error we should all make or if it’s a just making a tweak to change something visual or textual that an individual wants to make on their site.

It might be a good idea to have a post that a moderator makes sticky to list code fixes we should all make. It may also help Leo by having those somewhere he can easily find and grab to change in future releases.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I think Leo is the only one that can do stickies

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

@klsbear wrote:

Error sounds pretty harsh, it’s more like a flaw. I’m sure when Leo sees this he’ll fix it for future updates.

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

@redneck wrote:

@klsbear wrote:

Error sounds pretty harsh, it’s more like a flaw. I’m sure when Leo sees this he’ll fix it for future updates.

I didn’t mean for my post to come across as harsh. I just get really confused when I come to the forum and read a post like this becuse it’s not clear if this is something we all should do to fix a bug or improve something or if you’re just tweaking something on your site.

I guess your reference to Leo updating it in a future release indicates it’s something I don’t need to be concerned with right now.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Is there a bug/error? Or are you simply inquiring why the title is used twice?

Simple answer – someone could easily write a description 8 miles long, and I’d hate to bloat up the HTML on something like that. And post excerpt is not always used as far as I know. Titles however are forced to be small, so I used that for safety’s sake. Also the title usually has quite a bit of searchable value in itself, so using it alone is pretty on-target.

I read through this a few times. I’m mistaken please let me know.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.