Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michal B
    Michal B
    Participant

I have bought both professional upgrade and clean theme.
    As I’ve noticed the upgrades are released for the core symbiostock and the clean theme is left behind (I’m not sure how long I’ll have to wait for the child theme upgrade to compile with recent symbio upgrades…).
    Moreover most people use the main symbio, not child, so there is naturally more support and compatibilty with small upgrades.

What do you think ?

Profile photo of Michal B
    Michal B
    Participant

wow you’re one of those rare creatures that use the clean theme ;). We are on the same boat….

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

There are probably more people using clean theme than not I think. Those of us who do not use it mostly use the basic child theme and edit that.

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

I’m another one using Clean Theme 2, and I really love it. Combined with SYS 2.6.5 and SYXtra plugin for some special niceties, it’s given me what I needed to build a beautiful and truly “clean-looking” website.

If I didn’t have to do something to make my sales go through to completion (and if that fix weren’t built into the 2.7.x version) I would not upgrade at this time.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. If it is broke, however… :/

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

You can check out what my site looks like without clean theme. Its almost a basic straight from the box website.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@marthamarks wrote:

I’m another one using Clean Theme 2, and I really love it. Combined with SYS 2.6.5 and SYXtra plugin for some special niceties, it’s given me what I needed to build a beautiful and truly “clean-looking” website.

If I didn’t have to do something to make my sales go through to completion (and if that fix weren’t built into the 2.7.x version) I would not upgrade at this time.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. If it is broke, however… :/

Mine is running the latest version and some elements of SYXtra that still work but no clean theme. It doesn’t look too different from your layout.

Jo

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

When CleanTheme is upgraded it will still make plenty of sense to use it. It makes a lot of refinements and resets that the customizer can’t do.

Profile photo of pxhidalgo
    pxhidalgo
    Participant

Newb here… where can i purchase the new CleanTheme? thx a lot!

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

For the new version it will be a bit longer. In the meantime the new version is pretty flexible for style.

pxhidalgo
    Participant

Do you know if there’s the old version for sale anywhere, I am starting from scratch so any help will do?

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@pxhidalgo wrote:

Do you know if there’s the old version for sale anywhere, I am starting from scratch so any help will do?

The old version of Clean Theme is still available, but I don’t think it makes sense for you to get it.

Since you’re starting from scratch, why not do what Jo did: build your site around the latest version of SYS 2.7.x .

It seems that some of us “old timers” who have been at this for, oh, three months or so, and built our sites with older versions of SYS and Clean Theme 2 are the ones having difficulties upgrading now.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

The new 2.7.x with the customizer is pretty nifty…and is a pretty clean layout to get started with. I would try with that before spending money on the Clean Theme. The money you save you can put towards Premium and add extended licenses and such.

pxhidalgo
    Participant

Thanks very much for your help!!
    I tryed to install the new version of SYS 2.7.x . but i got a message that says:
    Destination folder already exists. /home3/fotosfiv/public_html/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/

Theme install failed.
    Any ideas why this is… thx!

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

You have to delete older version first. Go to themes, activate something default (twentytwelve for example), then delete older Symbio version, install and activate 2.7.x.

pxhidalgo
    Participant

thx ajt!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.