Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hans slegers
    hans slegers
    Participant

After editing the title, do I need to change the permalink too?Or should I leave as it is . Yoast is asking to do this but is also warning to redirect the url.
    I am also looking for some tips how to manage the seo things in general. I struggle a lot with it to get the yellow ball.There should be an article from Amanda. Does someone know were I can find this.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

the yoast analysis is pretty helpful in moving to yellow & green

selecting a focus keyword that’s in the first few words of the title & desc is usually enough to get a yellow

to get a green you need to have longer desc, (but not use big words!) add a link or another image, change the word order of title, and add

not sure if much of that really has any effect on getting the IMAGE indexed, since yoast is primarily concerned with text

hans slegers
    Participant

thank you. I will try.
    But when I edit my image title , the permalink stays the same. Is it necessary to change the permalink too or can I leave it as it is ?

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Do you mean the slug? If so I change that when I change the title so it matches. No idea if this is correct or not but I do it anyway

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

By “permalink”, I’m quite sure Hans is talking about the URL, not the slug.

You can edit the title without changing the permalink (URL). In fact, if your permalink has already been up a while and indexed by Google, it’s not a good idea to change that, even though you can change the title.

Yoast wants the permalink (URL) and title to be the same, so that’s what I’ve done since starting to use Yoast last summer. Occasionally, I discover on my site a mis-match between those two things, but it’s always with one of the first images I uploaded… when I didn’t have Yoast guiding me through it. In those cases, I always leave the permalink (URL) as is and change the title to match that.

Hope this helps you, Hans.

hans slegers
    Participant

most of the images I upload have already titles and with similar images I read, it is wise to change the title in SS. In that case maybe you need to change the permalink in the edit screen. But if you do so ( I read somewhere else) you need to make a redirection link ??!!
    So in the case you really want to change the title is it nessesarry then to change the permalink too?. And as Christine suggested, do I need to change the slug too?
    I found it quit difficult to get SEO yellow 😕 posting.php?mode=reply&f=7&t=933#

hans slegers
    Participant

I did some research on the web, but I cann’t find an satisfying answer.
    Now I am uploading my stuff to my site and I like to prevent to do a double job.
    Nobody ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.