Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Interesting article. If that’s true we might have to re-think the thousands of links and pages a Symbiostock site generates to avoid punishment by Google.

Did Hummningbird Eat Link Building?

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

Honestly, I no longer understand the mumbo jumbo nonsense. I’ve noticed no difference and in fact lately, I’m increasingly dissatisfied with search results from Google. First page is simply for who pays the most so often you can skip it and go straight to the second page where most of the proper links are.

They also are pushing paying customers more and more regardless of actual relevance so I think this is just another reshuffle where nothing changes but the bird name LOL!

Jo

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

Well, we do have a Google+ page. As the article mentions the might be important to use.

We now have 19 members but not that much action. There is a “show your images” folder, place your images with links to your site.
    I can understand the connection between Google search engine and Google+ 🙂

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/109733815103979424222/communities/109578993073293948087

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@jan wrote:

Well, we do have a Google+ page. As the article mentions the might be important to use.

We now have 19 members but not that much action. There is a “show your images” folder, place your images with links to your site.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/109733815103979424222/communities/109578993073293948087

It might be very useful. How easy is it to do this? If you have to do one by one I’m just not going to do it LOL!

Jo

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

@jan wrote:

It might be very useful. How easy is it to do this? If you have to do one by one I’m just not going to do it LOL!

Jo

It’s very easy. Type a few words about your image, paste a link to that image add a few hashtags and post.
    It is similar to facebook. Facebook is more chitchat about nothing and G+ is more subject orientated.

Plus google is owner of G+.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@jan wrote:

… Plus google is owner of G+.

This is the only reason why I have a G+ profile LOL! I loath having so many profiles and nonsense but it’s all about branding.

I must sit down with G+ and look at the settings and options. Thanks for mentioning it.

Jo

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@cathyslife stockphotos wrote:

SEOs used to be able to use links and other factors to trick Google into thinking that their search website was more authoritative and helpful than it actually was. Hummingbird once again makes the end user the absolute focus of search results. We can’t trick Google anymore! Building links to less-than-amazing content will fail. Google will notice high bounce rates, the lack of natural social sharing, and a variety of other quality signals no matter how many links you build — probably even faster with Hummingbird.

But i wonder, since we are image based, would us all linking to each other be considered less than amazing content, or very relevant. Guess we will find out.

right – that’s why most SEO recommendations may not be directly relevant and why submitting image sitemaps is so important.

for people who are looking for images, getting those ranked is probably better than high placement for the keywords alone

a corollary, if google traffic decrease, would be to keep our network referrals going, since those go to people who are more likely to be image buyers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.