Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of peresanz
    peresanz
    Participant

Hi,

I have uploaded hundreds of images to my on-development site and have noticed that I had blogee size set to 250. My fault! I changed this setting to 400 and selected ‘Update ALL existing images with new values? Caution! ‘. Now I see that all the previously uploaded images show the new size correctly but I’m not sure if the image itself is at 400 or still at 250px. The Symbiostock help page says ‘Size settings that will be applied to images on upload. These cannot (yet) be changed after uploading, so be sure to choose something that fits your portfolio’s average image size, or change these settings before uploading an image batch’

Now I’m worried all my images already uploaded may have the blogee size labeled as 400 but actually set at 250 if anyone downloads any of them.

Any experience?

Profile photo of Ezeepics
    Ezeepics
    Participant

I did the same when I have created my site and Leo told me the size is replaced. Do a test: buy an image from your site in Blogee size and check the size when you download it.

peresanz
    Participant

Thank you Ezeepics. I’m in the final stage just checking the functionality of my site and have been ‘selling’ images to my wife today to check paypal and email replies and stuff like that. I will ask her to purchase another image then 🙂

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

I believe that image sizes are created upon purchase. So it doesn’t matter what the settings were at the time of upload.

peresanz
    Participant

Thank you ShazamImages, this makes a lot of sense.

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

The Symbiostock help page says ‘Size settings that will be applied to images on upload. These cannot (yet) be changed after uploading, so be sure to choose something that fits your portfolio’s average image size, or change these settings before uploading an image batch’

That quote is definitely misleading. It must be a left-over from the very early days of Symbiostock when resizing after upload indeed didn’t work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.