Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

I’ve activated the Dragonfly Child Theme but I cannot for the life of me find the CSS code to edit.

Dashboard>Appearance>Edit CSS? Nope

Dashboard>Appearance>Themes>Child Theme>Edit CSS? Nope

Dashboard>Jetpack>Edit CSS? Nope

Whichever route I take, I only ever get this:

Welcome to Custom CSS!

CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is a kind of code that tells the browser how
    to render a web page. You may delete these comments and get started with
    your customizations.

By default, your stylesheet will be loaded after the theme stylesheets,
    which means that your rules can take precedence and override the theme CSS
    rules. Just write here what you want to change, you don’t need to copy all
    your theme’s stylesheet content.
    */

There’s no other code for me to edit.

So what button am I not pressing/box am I not ticking/skypixie am I not praying to today?

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Appearance -> Editor

And you can still use the Edit CSS for other things (I do for changes to the styles of my Solioquy slider on the home page, for example)

If it’s of any help, see this thread where I posted by current edits to Dragonfly

http://www.symbiostock.org/post/4860/#p4860

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

Appearance -> Editor

And you can still use the Edit CSS for other things (I do for changes to the styles of my Solioquy slider on the home page, for example)

If it’s of any help, see this thread where I posted by current edits to Dragonfly

http://www.symbiostock.org/post/4860/#p4860

Thanks but there’s no such option for me.

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

For some reason, that screenshot isn’t showing up for me but if you right click, you can view it in a new tab.

Anyhow, you can see that I don’t have “Editor” as an option.

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

I can’t do anything at the moment because I’m updating watermarks on all images but having looked over the road on MSG, might the “Editor” option reappear if I turn the “Customizer” off in Bee>Settings?

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Did you follow the exact sequence Leo laid out in this post when updating to 2.9.x for the first time?

http://www.symbiostock.org/topic/411/290-important-update/

The other thing is that you need to have Dragonfly as your child theme to see the editor for it – could you have gone back to another child theme?

The Editor option wasn’t there before 2.9.x and possibly the fact that you’re not seeing it has to do with how you upgraded?. I have the customizer still turned on and see the Editor option, so I don’t think turning off the customizer will make any difference.

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

Did you follow the exact sequence Leo laid out in this post when updating to 2.9.x for the first time?

http://www.symbiostock.org/topic/411/290-important-update/

The other thing is that you need to have Dragonfly as your child theme to see the editor for it – could you have gone back to another child theme?

The Editor option wasn’t there before 2.9.x and possibly the fact that you’re not seeing it has to do with how you upgraded?. I have the customizer still turned on and see the Editor option, so I don’t think turning off the customizer will make any difference.

My initial attempt at installation failed because of a problem with one of the php files. So that was deleted via my cPanel and then things went as Leo (via Ron) advised.

For good measure, I have just repeated the process and went throught the plugin installations again but there’s still no “Editor” option.

The Dragonfly Child Theme is activated and even the “Edit CSS” option associated with it on the Themes page doesn’t work.

Thanks for your input though. And I’ll certainly look at your CSS edits once I can get at my own CSS editing interface.

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

See the other thread in Technical Support – issue solved. It was a security plugin issue.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.