Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I don’t know if this is related to the most recent release, but I was informed that my contact page doesn’t appear to send emails, so I tested it myself. I’m on the most up to date Symbio build, and use Contact Form 7 on my Contact page.

The page itself appears to function fine, but no email arrived in my inbox. I checked Spam – nothing there either.

Anyone else noticed this issue – do we all use Contact Form 7 or am I on an old recommendation?

Steve

Profile photo of Ariene
    Ariene
    Participant

I send few messages to people using their contact form but never got copy on my mail or reply. You all better check your contact form if it works fine.

Profile photo of dp69_2001
    dp69_2001
    Participant

@ariene wrote:

I send few messages to people using their contact form but never got copy on my mail or reply. You all better check your contact form if it works fine.

Wull shoot. Now that’s also broken.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

It could be related though I can’t understand how. I just tested mine and got an email instantly.

Keep me posted.

Profile photo of sandorgora
    sandorgora
    Participant

works fine her (Contactform 7 – version 3.8.1)

Profile photo of MojoD
    MojoD
    Participant

works well for me, too
    (Contact Form 7, SYS 3.3.5 with Child-Theme, WP 3.9.1)

dp69_2001
    Participant

Me too

dp69_2001
    Participant

Did you get this working? Notice you hadn’t posted anything back.

Try re-installing it, I’ve used jetpacks contact plugin with pretty good success. I’m sure most everyone has Jetpack installed anyway.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Thanks for asking! I took the easy way out and removed it, just leaving my email address (not searchable as an email address) in place. So if anyone wants to contact me, they can just send me an email.

I tried deactivating and then reactivating, but that didn’t seem to make a difference.

I’ll look into Jetpack – I do have it installed

Steve

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

An update to this saga.

I came across an issue with emails on another site of mine and during testing, I realized that I was sending the contacts to an email address of mine that was then being forwarded on to another email address. For whatever reason (still not sure what), this approach was not working. My intermediate host was rejecting the emails. Once I changed the destination email to my own Gmail address, Contact form started to work again for me.

So, problem solved.

Steve

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.