Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pavel
    Pavel
    Participant

Hi,
    am a beginner user and would like to use Symbiostock for selling my pictures. Everything is OK, only in order details is link for download by each picture separatelly. By 2 pictures is it Ok, but by order for 30 pictures little bit noncomfortable. Is some possibile setting, which put all ordered pictures to one ZIP file?

Thanks

Pavel

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I would murder for this feature.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I would be happy with one sale – 30 would be beyond my wildest dreams…

Profile photo of Pavel
    Pavel
    Participant

I would be happy with one sale – 30 would be beyond my wildest dreams…

Is depence your contacts and picture quality and themes. I sell mostly not to public, but mostly to my bussines partners.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

When we’re paid for events or weddings etc we create private pages for the guests who attended. They are given our web address and when the guests would like to buy some photo’s they create an account (yay, marketable email address!) and purchase the photo’s of themselves and others. In some cases we sell 20+ photos to one person.

It works well because the guests log in, see the page and just tonnes of photos and go click mad.

We also do this for free photos. In events where the photos belong to the event company themselves, we go through the same process but mark the photoss in the private gallery as free. Then some users download all of them. Someone “purchased” 1500 photos (free so don’t jump for joy) and then received a whack load of links. I contacted them and sent them links to manually created zip files.

There is this https://www.woothemes.com/products/woocommerce-bulk-download/ but look at that price. I just, I, well, I have no words for that price.

I am still having problems with the zipping of the photo on download. I posted in another post about this problem. While I’m researching that problem to at least publishing a workaround for people with a similar environment; I’m also researching a way to zip multiple files on download.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi George,

Thanks for the response. I am using Symbiostock slightly differently in that my photos that are for sale are taken by ourselves personally, but they can be used as stock images if I am given consent by the subjects. And in this case, all have given consent and I may keep all the proceeds from sales (except for the shots we take at charity events, which if charged for, will all go back to the charity).

I only mentioned all this because of steveh’s comment and hoped that my use case may be of some help to him 🙂

The photos are still for sale, can still be used as stock, with the exception of creating private pages with a gallery that uses Symbiostock to sell images privately (although don’t think that’s too out of the ordinary).

So I think wether you are using Symbiostock to sell photos taken by yourself or stock photos (for what it was intended to do) I think a single file download for multiple images would be beneficial for all use cases.

PS.

Regarding WooCommerce pricing: I’m in South Africa and my website is dedicated to charity work and the occasional event although they are mostly friends of ours from the NGO. We do get to keep the proceeds for the non NGO events for ourselves though. That said, $49 is huge for us 🙂

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Ah, I think Robin has already tried to do this, but it’s a WooCommerce limitation:

Splitting up the download process because WooCommerce does not increment the number of downloads until after woocommerce_download_product is called and does not provide sufficient download data via filters or actions after that point to do it all at once. So first we find out if this is a SS product via woocommerce_download_product then hijack the download process afterwards via woocommerce_file_download_method, after the count_download function has been called

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.