Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MinkyMooMedia
    MinkyMooMedia
    Participant

Is anyone aware of the Clean Theme trying to run as a mobile site under IE8? is there a solution or quick fix to it?

Is anyone running else running the newer Leo Clean Theme so I can check their site to see if its the same on theirs, IT runs fine under Chrome/Firefox.

Thanks

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

I’m running into a similar problem but not using Clean Theme.

I’m set up with:

Symbiostock 2.8.8
    Child theme 0.1.0
    Symbiostock Professional plug in
    Home Page generator

On my Laptop:
    Firefox – looks as expected
    Chrome – looks the same
    IE10 – looks almost the same, but it’s not taking my color changes for gradient headers and changes to the footer background.

On my desktop:
    Firefox acts as if it’s response – all panels extend across the entire screen. This is also the same with individual image pages and search pages, images are lined up one after another vertically.
    Chrome and IE10 behave as listed above with just the color issues on Chrome.

Viewing on DH’s iPad gives the responsive view too. I’m not sure if that is supposed to happen on the iPad but it seems like there is enough screen space that it should view “normally” and not have to line everything up vertically.

MinkyMooMedia
    Participant

Not sure if this means anything but I’m getting an error at the bottom of the page when the site loads, will test with IE9 when I get home later. both Chrome and Firefox are fine, For some reason I can get IE to stop thinking its a mobile site?

I had a similar issue like you did with IE not changing colours when Chrome and Firefox did change, I ended up just leaving it and finding a colour that worked on all 3.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    Timestamp: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 02:47:49 UTC

Line: 55
    Char: 13
    Code: 0
    URI: http://minkymoomedia.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/js/scripts.js?ver=2.6.2

MinkyMooMedia
    Participant

I was thinking rather than trying to stop my issue of the theme running as a mobile site on desktop browsers,is there a way to change the themes to non responsive so it shows the desktop version regardless of device, Im going to be using the top anchored menu anyway and thats pretty useless on mobile devices as it takes up most of the screen, and i expect most vistors will be on pc’s, laptops and tablets anyway.

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@minkymoomedia wrote:

Is anyone aware of the Clean Theme trying to run as a mobile site under IE8? is there a solution or quick fix to it?

Is anyone running else running the newer Leo Clean Theme so I can check their site to see if its the same on theirs, IT runs fine under Chrome/Firefox.

Thanks

I’m running 2.8.9 with Leo’s new Clean Theme. You can check my site to see how it works on your browser. I’d like to know too!

MinkyMooMedia
    Participant

I’ve just checked your site and yours is the same as mine in Internet Explorer 8, not sure how to add a screenshot but it looks like IE8 thinks its a mobile website.

marthamarks
    Participant

I don’t use IE so don’t know anything about it. And I’m not sure exactly what you mean by “Clean Theme trying to run as a mobile site under IE8”.

Could you explain just a bit more what it’s doing?

Thanks!

MinkyMooMedia
    Participant

If you look at your site on a mobile phone all the menus are in one column as well as all the content, when you look at the sites in IE8 it does the same but just bigger, let me know you email and i’ll send you a print screen.

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Martha – your site looks great in both Firefox and IE10.

I’m seeing the same problem MinkyMoo is having with my site, but with different browsers. Firefox looks normal on my laptop but shows the responsive version on my desk top.

Tomorrow I’ll try to remember to check it from my system at the office to see what is going on there.

MinkyMooMedia
    Participant

Could you check my test site and see if you can see any issues, it looks okay in IE9 and cant see any issues in any versions of Chrome or Firefox, just looks like its in older versions of IE, not been able to check Mac’s either.

http://minkymoomedia.com/wordpress/

Thanks

marthamarks
    Participant

@klsbear wrote:

Martha – your site looks great in both Firefox and IE10.

I’m seeing the same problem MinkyMoo is having with my site, but with different browsers. Firefox looks normal on my laptop but shows the responsive version on my desk top.

Tomorrow I’ll try to remember to check it from my system at the office to see what is going on there.

Thanks for that feedback, Karen. It really helps!

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

@minkymoomedia wrote:

Could you check my test site and see if you can see any issues, it looks okay in IE9 and cant see any issues in any versions of Chrome or Firefox, just looks like its in older versions of IE, not been able to check Mac’s either.

http://minkymoomedia.com/wordpress/

Thanks

It looks great on my laptop on Chrome, Firefox and IE10. On my iPhone5 the panels are acting strange. It seems like the page is forced left and the panels with info are floating to the right.

MinkyMooMedia
    Participant

Its the same on my Samsung S3, I’d be happy if it was the desktop version of the site on a mobile as the target audience will mainly be desktop/laptops and tablets, but I cant seem to force it to be the desktop version, tried editing the header.php, tried various different plugins but still no joy, am at a loss and out of ideas!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.