Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Get it here:
    https://github.com/orangeman555/symbiostock/blob/master/symbiostock-dragonfly.zip?raw=true

This should be used with Symbiostock 2.8.2 and above.

People have SO many different styles and preferences, I’ve created a theme to give you a HUGE leap in your preferred direction of style.

How it works –

There’s 11 bootstrap themes to choose from here, taken from http://bootswatch.com/

The default one is “Slate”, a dark theme. You can change this to any other theme however (light, dark, colorful)

After installation go to [admin]->Appearance->Editor and you will see your editable CSS file.

/*
    Change below bootstrap-theme destination to alter the general appearance.

See http://bootswatch.com/

Your choices are:

Amelia
    Cerulean
    Cosmo
    Cyborg
    Flatly
    Journal
    Readable
    Simplex
    Slate
    Spacelab
    United

EXAMPLE EDIT:
    @import url("bootstrap-themes//bootstrap.min.css");

/* Per above comments, replace "Slate" with your above sub-theme choice */
    @import url("bootstrap-themes/Slate/bootstrap.min.css");
    */

By altering that line, you are simply changing the destination path to the bootstrap-theme file, and your whole site will reflect the new style.

Here is a preview of the Default dark appearance:

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

This theme should also function along side the customizer, though it may take precidence in many areas. In your Symbiostock customizer change everything to default values or attempt to simply match the general appearance of this child theme’s chosen style.

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

aaaahhh man!!!!!!! I just got up and running on 2.8.1 a couple hours ago, you got to quit giving us these cool things 😉 😀

Just joking 🙂 that is awesome, will have to take a look at those soon

Thanks Leo

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I saw someone attempting a dark theme on their site – it was sort of well

…I hope this helps them.

Update one more time. I made the blue boxes default ones so as not to interfere with these sub-themes.

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

Great work, Leo.

You go, guy!!! 🙂

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

Awesome, Leo!

Profile photo of rolfo
    rolfo
    Participant

Awesome Leo, thanks! When do you sleep?

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@rolfo wrote:

Awesome Leo, thanks! When do you sleep?

He doesn’t sleep! He is a robot. In fact he doesn’t eat either LOL!

Thanks Leo! This is a great new feature and it’s going to keep people happy! 😀

Jo

Profile photo of lbarn
    lbarn
    Participant

Has this child theme been taken down? The download link leads me to a 404 message. I was wanting to at least try it out while I had some free time.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I get the 404 message too, but I put the .zip file I downloaded earlier on Dropbox and you can grab my version (0.1.0) if you like until Leo puts up a new one.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12956972/symbiostock-dragonfly.zip

Profile photo of anhvabe
    anhvabe
    Participant

Thank you jsnover for re-uploading the child theme. I will play with it now 🙂

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

Unfortunately, it’s just stuffed up my homepage.

In the “Home Page” section, I told it to use my old page (the static one I’d been using before today) and it’s deleted all my text and hyperlinks. The text has gone from the original page in the “Pages” section too.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

If you look at the page, which template is it using? I think the default one doesn’t have many areas, and I’m using HOME: Top Widget/Content->Widget/3 but there are a couple of other choices

FWIW, I did find the upgrade from 2.6.5 and CleanTheme 2.0 to 2.8.x (and now 2.9.3) and Dragonfly to be rather painful and confusing. See some of my complaints (and some solutions) here:

http://www.symbiostock.org/topic/357/how-to-upgrade-and-keep-my-sites-look/

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

When you switch your theme, it will always “stuff” it up. Widget locations and menus are memorized per-theme.

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

@leo wrote:

When you switch your theme, it will always “stuff” it up. Widget locations and menus are memorized per-theme.

It deleted the text from my homepage too (including the text in my “Pages” section of the Dashboard).

I’m used to widgets and menus going AWOL and I understand why – as you said, it’s theme dependent. The text disappearing was a bit more alarming. Fixed from a backup now, though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.