Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jean
    jean
    Participant

I have been struggling to find how to change the Number of results given by the search function and in general the design of the search page result.

Where can I change the design of the page (= number of columns, number of results, size of the text, and size of the thumbnail)?

It must be there somewhere but I cannot really find….and coulndt find answer in the forum either…

Thank you for any help!

Jean

Profile photo of George Sheldon
    George Sheldon
    Participant

Jean,

Most likely, it is determined by the theme you are using.  Which theme are you using?

Remember that you never know what kind f device a searcher might be using, so you want your search results to look good on iPhone PCs, laptops,Mac’s, etc.  What might look good on your screen may not look good on an iPad, or whatever.

George

Profile photo of jean
    jean
    Participant

Thank you George

I’m using symbio express

jean

George Sheldon
    Participant

Jean,

That is what I am using too. I would suggest you avoid trying to override the responsiveness of the theme – it works now on any device. Why try to override that feature of the theme?

George

Profile photo of jean
    jean
    Participant

Thank you George, I have many image by category and want to display more by page, also I want the text to be smaller so to have less space between the  thumbnails.

Jean

George Sheldon
    Participant

Jean,

The smaller text should beable to be  adjusted with CSS. The search results could probably be changed by editing the search.php. If you check your editor, you will see where you might get more help by reading style.css

Make sure you have backup copies before you start editing these files.

George

Profile photo of jean
    jean
    Participant

Ok thank you George, if this should be dealt by changing codes, I’ll better try to learn to do that properly, I was hoping for a more simple way to achieve this. Thanks for your help!

Best

jean

George Sheldon
    Participant

Jean, I am still snooping around 3.0 since the update release last week. If I find anything that allows you to make the changes you without digging in the code,  will let you know.

George

Profile photo of jean
    jean
    Participant

Thanks, George, this is kind of you!

Profile photo of amazeindesign
    amazeindesign
    Participant

I’m using symbiostock Express theme too. Go to Symbiostock Express > Shop Settings, under ‘Shop Archive Page Settings’ there you can change the number on “How Many Products per Page”. Under ‘Shop Product Title Settings’ you can change the font and font size of product title. Hope it helps.

Profile photo of jean
    jean
    Participant

Thank you amazeindesign, I have been there too, but this is only for the main shop design and chnages do not apply to “search” result

Jean

Profile photo of jean
    jean
    Participant

I have been trying to improve the search on my library and tried the <span style=”color: #000000; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; white-space: nowrap;”>Relevanssi Plugin, </span>

I couldnt make it work and tried various other plugins,

When I now deactivate the plugins, the WordPress “search” do not give any results anymore!

I must have done something wrong, Hvae been trying several things the last 24 hours, but have not got what I have done wrong….

Does this sounds like something one of you have encountered?

Thanks in advance for any tip!

George Sheldon
    Participant

Jean,

I don’t know if this will help, but here are some suggestions.

1. Upgrade your theme (the latest version was released today)

2. Get rid of any plugins you aren’t using.

3. Download Advanced Woo Search plugin – that is what I am using and it seems to work without any issues.

Hopefully this will help get you back to a working search.

George

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.