Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mfawver
    mfawver
    Participant

Thanks Leo, for putting up my new website. I do appreciate it!
    I do have something that I’ve been trying to fix, but with no luck. Right now my images and categories pages show ALL results on one page. I would like to change this to 100 results per page. The link for my image results page is below.

http://www.greenlifeimages.com/image/

I did download the Symbiostock Genetic Lab – Theme Code Modifier and Enhancer and installed it into my plugins section of my site and activated it. When I try to copy and paste the code snippet provided to me and click the infuse button, I get an error message and the snippet is not added.

The error message is
    This PHP file does not validate. Deleted for your protection!

Can anyone help me get this snippet to work, or recommend another way to fix the results per page, please? Thanks!

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

The problem of all results on one page is a bug. I think that others who had this problem could work around it by disabling the Symbiostock Cart Manager plugin.

That should give you 24 images per page of results (the default). Then, if you want to change the code to give a different number, see this thread for the edits you need to make:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=148

Profile photo of mfawver
    mfawver
    Participant

Thanks! Disabling the Cart Manager did fix the problem and now there are 24 results showing per page.

I had read the thread discussing changing the results from 24 to 48 but was not sure where in the WordPress dashboard I could go to edit the functions.php code. Could you point me in the right direction, please?
    Thanks so much for your help!

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

This isn’t a dashboard sort of edit – unless you lift the entire function from the main theme’s functions.php and make your own via Appearance -> Editor from the WP dashboard.

While it’s not ideal to edit theme files directly – because they’ll be overwritten with the next upgrade – and while it is possible to put new functions into the child theme’s functions.php, various people have had problems when trying to modify a parent function from the child’s version of functions.php

If you do go ahead and edit functions.php, keep an unedited copy of the file (in case you make a mistake) and keep a copy of your edits locally so you can update a new version of Symbiostock (unless it has this as a user-selectable parameter, in which case you’re all set).

Profile photo of mfawver
    mfawver
    Participant

Since this type of edit might cause problems, is there any other way to make this change so it will be permanent? Thanks!

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

No.

Leo could make a user interface for the number to be plugged in as a user preference, but unless/until that happens, editing the hardwired settings in the php file is your only option.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I have cart manager activated and have 96 images per page on results. I wonder if this is because I am using the genetic plug in thingy instead of the hack ?

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.