Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ana
    ana
    Participant

Hi, i create 3 new categories but they don´t show in the category menu, i just see 1 option (uncategorized) don´t know how i delete this and replace with my categories… Please help!!!!

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Hi Ana

I don’t know if you are using the Symbiostock Express theme, but I added all my categories into the rotating slider on the home page, which you find in the Home Layout using a Custom Carousel. The set-up instructions explain how to do that. I did look at creating a drop down category menu but saw the same issue as you did – the categories that the base wordpress uses aren’t the same as the ones in Symbiostock. I am sure other contributors have added category menus and will explain how it is done.

Steve

Profile photo of GlobePhotos
    GlobePhotos
    Participant

Hi Ana,

the same issue here – I can’t create drop down category menu. You can see such a drop down on both Symbiostock Express Demo sites – http://demo.symbiostock.com/… Have you eventually solve this?

Not sure about other themes but in Symbiotock Express it is not hard.

First create category for products. Symbiostock->Categories

Then go to Appearance->Menus, click ‘Manage in Customizer’. Click the menu you are about to work on, click ‘Add Items’. There are several type of items you can choose. Click ‘Product Categories’ (Not ‘Categories’). Find the category you difined before and done. You can grab the items in menu section to define display orders and menu levels. Pretty straightforward.

GlobePhotos
    Participant

Thank you, Songquan, it was a good hint! Appearance->Menus->Manage in Customizer did the job. But it is also possible to create Drop Down Lists directly in Appearance->Menus. You can simply drag the items under “Menu Structure” slightly to the right to make them children of the item above, such creating the desired hierarchy. And you can also use “Custom Link” for creating Product Categories, just putting the link to your category in the URL field, like http://www.domain.com/?product_cat=categoryname.

It worked fine, but, interestingly, not for all pages. Some pages of my site are still showing the old menu configuration, some others even the more older one. Page reload doesn’t help. Is it a problem of browser, WP or Symbiostock Theme?

GlobePhotos
    Participant

Update to the last post – it is definitely a browser problem, it got updated after an hour or so, and another browser showed the new menu structure right away.

Thank you, Songquan, it was a good hint! Appearance->Menus->Manage in Customizer did the job. But it is also possible to create Drop Down Lists directly in Appearance->Menus. You can simply drag the items under “Menu Structure” slightly to the right to make them children of the item above, such creating the desired hierarchy. And you can also use “Custom Link” for creating Product Categories, just putting the link to your category in the URL field, like http://www.domain.com/?product_cat=categoryname. It worked fine, but, interestingly, not for all pages. Some pages of my site are still showing the old menu configuration, some others even the more older one. Page reload doesn’t help. Is it a problem of browser, WP or Symbiostock Theme?

Good to see it worked out. It needs a bit time to be familiar with the theme and functionality.

Profile photo of Sampath
    Sampath
    Participant

Songquan, Thanks for a wonderful tip. your tip was very useful for me.

Songquan, Thanks for a wonderful tip. your tip was very useful for me.

You are welcome!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.