Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of njene
    njene
    Participant

Ok

I tried adding the Appearance> Widgets> Similar Images over to the Images Full Bottom box on the side. However, it does not show up when I click on an image. I have tried going to the Symbiostock > Settings and ticking the update boxes on the bottom and saving. Ive also tried setting the Select if> Catagories option in the box , but still not showing anything

How would I add the similar pages under my images?

I am running the latest version of WP but dont know what version of Symbiostock I have ( where do I find this info?) Sorry for this dumb question.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

You can find out the version of Symbiostock by going to Appearance -> Themes and clicking “Details” under the Symbiostock theme

Similar images will appear only on Image pages and the widget you need is titled Symbiostock – Similar Images.

I have mine on the side on an image page, but I tried it underneath and on the full bottom widget and both showed up – they looked truly horrible because they do a two column vertical display and if you wanted them to show up as a horizontal one you’d need to change some css or code (not sure which as I haven’t looked in to this).

To put widgets on to pages, you don’t need to do anything after dragging the widget into the appropriate contain other than refresh the page.

Symbiostock settings has nothing to do with widget display. I don’t know what the “Select if> Catagories option” is, but it’s unrelated to widgets.

Can you put a link to your site in your signature for the forums so we can take a look? Might make it easier to see what to do.

Profile photo of njene
    njene
    Participant

Thank you Jo Ann for your reply.
    I do have the widget in the Image page box to the right of the widget choices . I;ve tried all 3 boxes (side, bottom, full bottom) and refreshing the pages, but still nada.
    I have updated my profile, thanks for telling me that.

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Take a look at my widget page to see if this helps you figure out what’s different about what you’re doing (click to see full size)

Profile photo of njene
    njene
    Participant

exactly what I have –

Profile photo of njene
    njene
    Participant

except my ‘Sidebar’ box is empty – could that be the problem?

Profile photo of njene
    njene
    Participant

nope – tried putting widget also in the Sideshow box
    nothing doing

Profile photo of njene
    njene
    Participant

on my ‘ Plugins ‘ page, it has Deactivate and Edit as the only 2 options underneath, so I assume that it is activated

BUT

I went to my ‘Manage Themes” under Child Theme and when I choose “SYMBIOSTOCK IMAGE PAGE > Image Page Content and check Default – then I get the Similar Images on the side of my Images Page ( along with a bunch of stuff I dont really want)

so when I choose the Strictly Minimal the widget doesn’t work (i.e no Similar Images on the Image Page)

Profile photo of njene
    njene
    Participant

maybe I will leave it on ‘Default’ and just be done with it. (This way there is keywords, catagories, etc also displayed on the page)

Unless someone is up for the challenge to figure out how to work it while “Strictly Minimal’ is checked

I really appreciate the willingness of people to help me out here

Profile photo of njene
    njene
    Participant

Thanks for your time Cathy and JoAnn
    I will have more questions, I’m sure, as I try to build out my symbio site.

Nick

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Ah. I think the Strictly Minimal (which I don’t use) doesn’t have the sidebar enabled. The page template used has to support a sidebar (or footer or whatever other areas) for you putting a widget into that sidebar to appear on the page.

It’s reasonably straightforward (but does require modifying a PHP file) to comment out the bits you don’t want if you Go with the Default page and remove the “bits you don’t want” – depending on what it is you don’t want 🙂

Profile photo of njene
    njene
    Participant

editing in code is not something I would do unless absolutely necessary – I haven’t a clue about any of this stuff to begin with – I am just muddling through what I have up to this point.

So I will take the path of least resistance ( a.k.a. the path with least amount of chance for me to really screw something up)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.