Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I’ve installed and set WP Super Chache as described by Leo a couple of days ago.
    Cache Timeout: 604800
    Garbage Collection: Once Daily

The Latest Images widget did not change images shown since I’ve installed WP Super Cache (about 3 days ago).
    Is that normal? Shouldn’t the garbage collection interval determine how often the Latest Images widget should reflect changes?

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Same settings here:

I installed WP Super Cache two days ago and strange enough: When I uploaded two images this morning I could see them immediately after I published them within the Latest Images widget. So my problems are opposed to yours Redneck, but I also fear that something is wrong with my settings.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

What are your problems then? Didn’t you just describe that it’s working the way it’s supposed to.

I just swapped some of my “Featured Images” but again the widget does not reflect those changes.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Hmm, now I’ve logged out of my website and now I do see the Latest/Featured Images widgets showing the recent changes. Strange but OK for me.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

I don’t think this is the way it should work: I would have expected that my cached site from yesterday is shown today and my latest images would show the two images I published today not before tomorrow. But perhaps I got that wrong 😮

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@redneck wrote:

I’ve installed and set WP Super Chache as described by Leo a couple of days ago.

The Latest Images widget did not change images shown since I’ve installed WP Super Cache (about 3 days ago).
    Is that normal? Shouldn’t the garbage collection interval determine how often the Latest Images widget should reflect changes?

Yep! Thats perfect.

Your related images won’t change until a given image in cache expires (1 week)

Actually because I haven’t been uploading for over a year (being on Symbiostock all the time) I set my expiration to 9999999999999

That way the whole site is permanently cached and my server works less hard (allowing the forums and such to stay unimpeded)

You could do similarly.

For instance, if you upload once a week, then simply have your cache set to NEVER expire, but once you upload, then regenerate the whole cache, allowing similars to update.

This is a bunch of ideas of course…don’t use them if they are too much work. What you have now is great.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Leo, do you have an idea what might be wrong with my settings … my latest images were updated immediately after I published new images 😕

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@jsfoto wrote:

Leo, do you have an idea what might be wrong with my settings … my latest images were updated immediately after I published new images 😕

Send me an admin — I’ll check it out.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

@leo wrote:

@jsfoto wrote:

Send me an admin — I’ll check it out.

Just send you a pm.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I changed a few things. I did it so fast I don’t remember what it was. I also preloaded your cache.

For many I’d suggest just setting your cache expiration to some obnoxiously high number, then regenerating it whenever you want to do a significant upload/update.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Thanks for the guidance, Leo. Much appreciated.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.