Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

I have the word background within the keywords, If I search for background in my SYM theme I get no results, but if I click on the tag background it brings me 10 results with word background.

P.S: The page with no results gets incomplete, with no footer and so on.

Is somebody else facing such issue?

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I’m seeing a lot of problems with trying to navigate your site. I can see the problem you mentioned, but the same thing happens with the keyword horizontal.

I also keep getting swtiched to Portuguese – I select English from the menu (which says Idiom – which won’t mean anything to English speakers; I think you need flags for language choices) and the site switches. However as soon as I select a Category (Animals) and an image – pick any one – I’m in Portuguese.

I went directly to the list of categories (by editing the URL) and tried some other categories that aren’t on the menu and I get Portuguese. If I use the menu to select English, it reloads the home page – navigating away from the display of whatever category I was looking at.

I don’t see the problem with search on my own site (which is still 3.1.2 or AJT’s which is 3.1.9) so not sure if it might be language related versus theme related?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

This might be related to the batch editor issue, I’ll keep this one in mind today as well.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@leo wrote:

This might be related to the batch editor issue, I’ll keep this one in mind today as well.

– There you go! It is, I just deactivated the SYMBIOSTOCK – Professional plug-in and the background search brought the 10 results. So it is sure something with Batch Editor (Professional plug-in). Thanks man.

@ JoAnn, will reply soon…

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@joannsnover wrote:

I’m seeing a lot of problems with trying to navigate your site. I can see the problem you mentioned, but the same thing happens with the keyword horizontal…

– As mentioned in the post above, it was figured out where the issue comes from. ;0)

I also keep getting swtiched to Portuguese – I select English from the menu (which says Idiom – which won’t mean anything to English speakers; I think you need flags for language choices) and the site switches. However as soon as I select a Category (Animals) and an image – pick any one – I’m in Portuguese.

– Weird it is switching to Portugue, here when I select English it always stays in English, anyway thanks for reporting it. I’ll investigate it more.
    Regarding the “Idiom” form me I thought English speaker will understand also as a language. I think I change it to Language instead. :0)

I went directly to the list of categories (by editing the URL) and tried some other categories that aren’t on the menu and I get Portuguese. If I use the menu to select English, it reloads the home page – navigating away from the display of whatever category I was looking at.

Yes, this PT issue is weird and the home page moves, is another issue I didn’t get to solve yet when changing the language the site doesn’t get to remain the user on the same page and send the user to the home page. I’m still searching a solution for it.

I don’t see the problem with search on my own site (which is still 3.1.2 or AJT’s which is 3.1.9) so not sure if it might be language related versus theme related?

No, as posted on the previous post, it is a SYS professional plug-in issue. I have turned off and the search results worked ok.

Thanks for your reply and have a great week.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Not sure if it can be a useful info Leo, but even if with the SS-Premium active, if I type background between quotation marks it also works.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

I forgot to mention. The SS-professional version I’m using with such issue is the v1.4.5

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.