Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Hi folks, not sure if it just me, but into my “Stockimages/Images category” menu I have more than 30 repeated “Symbiostock Featured Images” category.
    Does it create a different ID for each update or what is going on? See the screenshot:
    [attachment=0:393ah1sg]SYM-repeated_FC.JPG[/attachment:393ah1sg]

Thanks.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I have not heard of that before, what happens if you delete all but one of them, do they re-populate

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@christine wrote:

I have not heard of that before, what happens if you delete all but one of them, do they re-populate

The last time I did it, they seem to repopulate as a loop. I’ll try again and see what happens and post back.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Ok, I did quick little test.
    – As I mentioned, I had 32 repeated “Symbiostock Featured Images” categories;
    – I deleted 31 and kept just one.
    – I deactivated the SYM theme by activating another theme;
    – I activated the SYM theme again and the results where:

6 new repeated “Symbiostock Featured Images” categories. See the screenshot:
    [attachment=0:2xvitsi4]SYM-repeated_6new_FC.JPG[/attachment:2xvitsi4]

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

Yes, they keep popping up with every update/reactivation of the SYS theme. It has been like this since the beginning. Would be nice if fixed but the extra categories seem to do no harm and are deleted easily.

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

I know Leo fixed part of this ages ago on our request, as EACH category was repopulating each time the theme was updated. I have changed the name of my Featured Images category, and so when the theme gets upgraded, it thinks the category doesn’t exist and adds it back in again.

Have you changed the name perhaps?

I think perhaps its time to get rid of the automatic categories, and just make it an option in the author admin to “populate standard categories?” or something like that.

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.