Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Hi Leo, on the Default.po file these texts issues were found:

1) These texts are not showing on the front end after translating:
    User Name – Reference: symbisotock/page-registered.php:57 | symbisotock/register_symbisotock.php:102
    Password – Reference: symbisotock/page-registered.php:58 | symbisotock/register_symbisotock.php:45 | symbisotock/register_symbisotock.php:103
    Keep me logged in – Reference: symbisotock/page-registered.php:59 | symbisotock/register_symbisotock.php:104
    Log in – Reference: symbisotock/page-registered.php:60 | symbisotock/register_symbisotock.php:105

2) The text “Somone” need to be fixed. It is a misspelling of “Someone” which is a Reference: symbisotock/modal-search.php:8

3) Coming soon…

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

3) “Search …” in the input field search is missing within Default.po file.
    I think the code is in the line 13 of the file searchform_symbiostock.php at wp-content/themes/symbiostock

4) coming soon…

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

4) These texts are not showing on the image page (front end) after translating default.po:

Bloggee
    Small
    Medium
    Large

All them have References into:
    – symbisotock/page-registered.php;
    – symbisotock/modal-search.php;
    – symbisotock/inc/rf-custom-post-functions.php;

5) coming soon…

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

5) These texts are missing into the default.po file to be translated:
    Texts shown in “License purchase and file management” page (Front end):
    – License: Default*

6) Coming soon…

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

6) The texts within the +Attibutes & Symbio are not showing the translated texts within the default.po:
    The answers in the dropdown menus from theback-end such as, Photographer, Graphic Designer, No, Yes, Photography, Vector, Life Style, and so on. Imean all options you have within these dropdownlists.

Talking about it the “Software” input field in the back-end would have the __( ) in the code to get to use with Qtranslator to translate its content.
    So, into the file symbiostock_author_box.php in the line 241 change the code from:

To:

7) Coming soon…

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

7) All image categories texts such as Objects, Animals, and so on… are not showing in the front end after translation in the default.po file:
    Reference to file taxonomies_and_links.php at symbiostock/inc/installer/

Also the translated texts don’t show in menus and also don’t show in the page image category results text “Images within the category: ‘Animals’ RSS” and also do not show within the categories list within the author box (accordion group).

8) Coming soon

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@lucato wrote:

7) All image categories texts such as Objects, Animals, and so on… are not showing in the front end after translation in the default.po file:

Also the translated texts don’t show in menus and also don’t show in the page image category results text “Images within the category: ‘Animals’ RSS” and also do not show within the categories list within the author box (accordion group).

8) Coming soon

These are generated on initial install — the intial install on your site was english. However a fresh-install would show your translated version.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@leo wrote:

These are generated on initial install — the initial install on your site was english. However a fresh-install would show your translated version.

– Leo, does it mean I’ll loose all images uploaded and so on with a fresh-install? How to procedure a fresh-install? What is the latest file (fresh-install) file to download and where to find/download it? Would you explain it a little better, please. Thanks.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’ll try to re-explain further afterward. I’ve been going through your list. Many issues you mention I cannot find. Right now however I’m working on the “Bloggee, medium, large,” etc naming…I’m going to make it so the user can rename each of those sizes, and it will make translation easier too. Right now there is no way for me to set up translation for “bloggee, small, etc” since those values are used for fetching from the database.

I’ll go in depth on explanation after I thoroughly look into your issues though.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@leo wrote:

I’ll try to re-explain further afterward. I’ve been going through your list. Many issues you mention I cannot find. Right now however I’m working on the “Bloggee, medium, large,” etc naming…I’m going to make it so the user can rename each of those sizes, and it will make translation easier too. Right now there is no way for me to set up translation for “bloggee, small, etc” since those values are used for fetching from the database.

– Any issue you don’t get to reproduce or find, PLEASE, feel free to contact me by e-mail/PM/thread and I’ll try to point or explain better.
    Great idea allows the admin rename each name too in the back end. Don’t forget to take it out from the .po file after done. ;0)

I’ll go in depth on explanation after I thoroughly look into your issues though.

Thanks,I’ll be waiting, to get to make categories work translated and so on. ;0)

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Great idea allows the admin rename each name too in the back end. Don’t forget to take it out from the .po file after done. ;0

– OPS!!!! Leo, thinking better, I don’t think it is a great idea as I just said. Let me explain why. By having it in the back-end as you intend to add you will limit to one translation I think, so if you have a multi lingual site, example english, spanish, french, portuguese, by having these texts within the .po the user will get to translate to all languages, otherwise it won’t be possible in the back end. So, IMHO, the best way is to have all texts within the .po file! It will allow to translate all texts for all languages!

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@leo wrote:

@lucato wrote:

8) Coming soon

These are generated on initial install — the initial install on your site was english. However a fresh-install would show your translated version.

I have removed the old theme folder “symbiostock” and installed the new theme SYM v3.1.7 and after that updated to SYM v3.2.2, not sure if by doing this is what you say a fresh-install, but didn’t solve. All image categories texts such as Objects, Animals, and so on… are not showing in the front-end (author box – categories or menu categories) or even in the back-end appearance/menus – images categories, after translation in the default.po file:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.