Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ezeepics
    Ezeepics
    Participant

ATTENTION ALL! Bluehost is changing php version to 5.4 and you’ll not be able anymore to keep php 5.2 or less than 5.4. My site food.ezeepics.com was destroyed by them and I hope they will be able to restore it, otherwise the hell will happen! They already said that all php will be rewrite that’s why backup your sites when you are still in time.

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

I am surprised you are/were still on php 5.2.

I think in November last year I heard that BluHost was starting to “enforce” switching. I got notified in January with 7 days grace period. At least I GOT notified. It seems many of us didn’t.

I am sorry to hear your site got destroyed. What do you mean exactly? Everything wiped out, not working, or just not working correctly?

When they switched me it was just the php.ini that needed some fixing as the custom settings were gone. And I don’t think you can just use a backup copy of your version 5.2. php.ini file.

Profile photo of Ezeepics
    Ezeepics
    Participant

@Imago Borealis wrote:

I am surprised you are/were still on php 5.2.

I think in November last year I heard that BluHost was starting to “enforce” switching. I got notified in January with 7 days grace period. At least I GOT notified. It seems many of us didn’t.

I am sorry to hear your site got destroyed. What do you mean exactly? Everything wiped out, not working, or just not working correctly?

When they switched me it was just the php.ini that needed some fixing as the custom settings were gone. And I don’t think you can just use a backup copy of your version 5.2. php.ini file.

All the layout was destroyed. The site working well but the layout was a disaster! I was forced to restore it from a backup and now is well, but I’m still on 5.2 Soon I will be forced to pass to 5.4 and I will ask the Bluehost assistance to make this transaction in order to not disturb my layout, if it will not be possible I’ll have to pay the developer to make it. Anyway I have problems with the users registration password for THE FOOD SHOP, developer working since this morning to resolve it. I don’t like that after an user registers with his password the system generates other password and this password is sent in the email to user. The user becomes confused. And I don’t understand why is happening to THE FOOD SHOP when on STOCKPHOTOS.EZEEPICS.COM is working very well. I have the same theme, the same Symbiostock premium and the same plugins like on THE FOOD SHOP. Strange thing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.