Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

—- descriptions are missing from edit page when selected
    they show up in normal editor
    — lists of categories are scrambled -need to be either hierarchical or alphabetical

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Steve, if it helps you at all at the moment the categories are in the order they were created, so if you remember that one was made at the beginning or more recently, this might help you find it

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@christine wrote:

Steve, if it helps you at all at the moment the categories are in the order they were created, so if you remember that one was made at the beginning or more recently, this might help you find it

right, thanks, but with 250 categories, it’s hard to remember whether I created ‘Utah’ before or after ‘forests’

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Yesterday I was researching a way to alphebetize (sort) the categories and I’m unsure its even possible through wordpress’s functionality itself. But I’ll keep looking. I have the same problem you do – swimming in categories.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

GOOD NEWS! 1.2.2 – Update now!

Your categories now sort by name. I had overlooked a bit of how to set up that particular function. whereas before it sorted by ID, now it sorts by name! I hope this helps you!

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

My collections look very strange since I’ve updated: for example only 8 of 12 images are shown, vertical images have square thumbnails, square images have horicontal thumbnails … is it because I’m still using 2.6.5 or is it a bug?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@jsfoto wrote:

My collections look very strange since I’ve updated: for example only 8 of 12 images are shown, vertical images have square thumbnails, square images have horicontal thumbnails … is it because I’m still using 2.6.5 or is it a bug?

Thanks for pointing this out. I’m using the grid system of the new version. Would you like to upgrade? Meanwhile I can put in elements of the old grid system simultaneously so it looks good. Upgrading will be a small amount of work, so only do it when you feel ready.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

2.7.6 pro 1.2.3 batch editor:

still has major problem — select X images & try to delete category for those images (which is what the button seems to be telling us) – instead it deletes the ENTIRE category

luckily the batch editor made it relatively easy to replace that category

—-
    problem was also present in trying to delete keywords, but I havet tested it in this version yet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.