Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of apotterdd
    apotterdd
    Participant

I got a sale this morning and it charged them $6.00 for shipping. I’ve been looking around the symbio dashboard as well as PayPal and can’t seem to find the source of where it’s coming from.

Anyone else have this issue or have seen this issue? I really want to correct this as charging for shipping for digital goods is odd.

Thanks.

Anita

apotterdd
    Participant

I found it! It was on the PayPal site which is weird because it never happened before with my first sale wonder why the he double hockey sticks it decided to start up this time?

So now I need to figure out how to refund the $6.00 charge to the customer. Any ideas would be very helpful.

*edit*

The $6.00 charge was set up in the shipping preferences in PayPal years ago when I was selling physical goods on my site. I’ve deactivated that so that won’t happen again. I also issued the refund for that amount the customer was charged so they should get that email soon.

Still waiting for them to email me back about which browser they were using so I can pin point their download issue or I could email the image to them which I left as their choice.

Profile photo of dp69_2001
    dp69_2001
    Participant

@apotterdd wrote:

I found it! It was on the PayPal site which is weird because it never happened before with my first sale wonder why the he double hockey sticks it decided to start up this time?

So now I need to figure out how to refund the $6.00 charge to the customer. Any ideas would be very helpful.

*edit*

The $6.00 charge was set up in the shipping preferences in PayPal years ago when I was selling physical goods on my site. I’ve deactivated that so that won’t happen again. I also issued the refund for that amount the customer was charged so they should get that email soon.

Still waiting for them to email me back about which browser they were using so I can pin point their download issue or I could email the image to them which I left as their choice.

Mac with safari has download issues. If they change the .html to .jpg or whatever it’s supposed to be it should work. Sometimes it’s just easier to e-mail than try to explain though 😉

apotterdd
    Participant

Seems like the issue with Safari won’t ever be resolved. I ended up emailing them their image this morning which they really appreciated it. I did mention to them about the Safari issue but not in great detail as you described though.

It all worked out which made both of us happy 🙂

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

to refund anything, just go to the paypal details and send a partial refund. if for some reason that doesn’t work, just do a send money to the buyer ( I deal with these issues often thru ebay and it’s one place where ebay/paypal have their act together)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.