Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

Perhaps an alternative is to explain it and upload a different colour space within a zip file as an option to download. Just takes up more space on the server.

My feeling is that if you use Prophoto/AdobeRGB or anything else on the web it looks dull. I think (I don’t know) as most micro sales are oriented to web use I use sRGB. It’s not also just on the web. On some image viewers it also doesn’t look great.

I think the most important thing is to include a colour profile so the end user doesn’t have to play a guessing game and software that understands will display the image properly.

Jo

Profile photo of DonLand
    DonLand
    Participant

My feeling is AdobeRGB is the better space… but…
    For any agency supporting AdobeRGB in the previews I’ll upload AdobeRGB.
    For any agency in the sRGB preview camp, then sRGB it is.
    For SymbioStock, I’ve revised all of the thumbs and previews with AdobeRGB tagged images.
    In the future, I’ll probably yield to the least common denominator and only upload sRGB from here on out with a note on the site such as our friend Jsnover has done.
    On that note, I’d like to add a FAQ to my site such as Jsnover has.
    Jsnover, what is the correct etiquette for using and/or changing what you have written there as it very closely matches my feelings as to what should be on a FAQ for my site?

Profile photo of CrackerClips
    CrackerClips
    Participant

@donland wrote:

On that note, I’d like to add a FAQ to my site such as Jsnover has.
    Jsnover, what is the correct etiquette for using and/or changing what you have written there as it very closely matches my feelings as to what should be on a FAQ for my site?

Yes Jsnover, great FAQ. I’d be interested in using your basic outline as well, with some revisions in my own words, if you didn’t mind.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

No problem lifting anything you like from my FAQ (do read it to make sure it all applies to you and your licensing!)

I think the etiquette is just to ask first, which you did 🙂 I’ve already offered my licenses and people have taken those to modify as their own. Just be aware that you’re responsible for what your site says, and if you discover I’ve said something truly idiotic, please tell me…

Profile photo of DonLand
    DonLand
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

No problem lifting anything you like from my FAQ (do read it to make sure it all applies to you and your licensing!)

I think the etiquette is just to ask first, which you did 🙂 I’ve already offered my licenses and people have taken those to modify as their own. Just be aware that you’re responsible for what your site says, and if you discover I’ve said something truly idiotic, please tell me…

LOL, will do, thanks!

Profile photo of CrackerClips
    CrackerClips
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.