Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Should we be adding Alt Tags (and more) to our large image previews or our mini pics? I notice there is a field for Alt Tags if you go into the Media Library in WP and open the image to edit. You can add additional info too – caption, meta data, focus keyword, etc. I see that “no alt tags” comes up on our main image pages as a negative when we’re trying to get “green” status.

Just wondering if it’s beneficial enough to warrant the extra time and also wanted to make sure it won’t mess up anything in the Symbiostock functions too if we add the data.

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

@klsbear wrote:

Should we be adding Alt Tags (and more) to our large image previews or our mini pics? I notice there is a field for Alt Tags if you go into the Media Library in WP and open the image to edit. You can add additional info too – caption, meta data, focus keyword, etc. I see that “no alt tags” comes up on our main image pages as a negative when we’re trying to get “green” status.

Just wondering if it’s beneficial enough to warrant the extra time and also wanted to make sure it won’t mess up anything in the Symbiostock functions too if we add the data.

It says that on the Yoast section, but if you actually look at the source code for your page when viewing it as a customer would, I think you’ll find that the alt tag is populated with the image title. I’ve checked this in the past and always found that to be the case. The theme must be adding it on the fly.

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

I think you’re right. I notice that one of the page analysis site is telling me that four images on my home page are missing alt tags. It’s probably the for images in my slider so I probably should manually add them to that too.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

I automatically put the title in an alt tag on all the results in http://symbiostock-search.com — so if you view source or otherwise copy those results you’ll have the alt tag for our images with the html

Profile photo of hlehnerer
    hlehnerer
    Participant

I have the same issue that I only have a orange code for all my uploaded image, because of SEO reports

“The images on this page do not have alt tags containing your keyword / phrase.”

Should I ignore then the orange SEO code?

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

images they’re referring to here are within your description – yoast doesn’t know about symbiostock images, which is why the sym-sitemap plugin is complementary

with a few images you can try to get all to go green, but with thousands, I just shoot for yellow for most and concentrate on a few images to green, along with all my pages

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

You can read a little more about this here

http://www.digitalbristles.com/symbiostock-image-pages-go-green/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.