Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I remember wayyyyyy back, someone asked “Can we have site IDs”?

With a recent update, your sites will be dialing into the main site (and possibly symbiostock.info) to aware them that you:
    A: Exist.
    B: Have updated (daily routine your site does)

Having set up the system and test, we happen to have, so far:

http://www.clipartillustration.com: 000001

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

PS: The only information shared is your site URL. Nothing else. The remaining information will be from your site’s symbiocard, which everyone has control over.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

So this is fine, but can you explain what you’ll do with the knowledge that I (and other sites) still exist? Right now I look at the Global search for a list of sites and Cascoly’s list to see what versions all the sites are on.

Will there be something else we can do with the site IDs that those two sites can’t?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

The site IDs will end up being the main key for accounts on http://www.symbiostock.com.

From the beginning I had intended to set up a classy site directory and secondary search, among many other things. This is at least setting up a foundation. So if I wish to coordinate information in a database, the site-id would be the main key 😀

Its simple stuff…I thought people might enjoy that after a year sites have official numerical IDs. Its more cute than important.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

And another thing — right now the hub sites (like cascoly and ajt’s) have a daily routine, and they will have to cycle through hundreds of sites to detect changes. This, conversely, posts to the sites if changes have occurred, allowing them to know who’s information to update and who’s not to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.