Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Having been working on the internet for *years* now, I feel I might be slightly qualified to post a thing regarding forum conduct.

My first genuine need/use of a forum was in an area of science. I was quick to find that some of the most unflattering aspects of human nature (and insecurity) were especially defined among the intellectual crowd.

My second forum experience, born out of necessity, was Istockphoto, who in my opinion are masters of online community manipulation. In those forums you had a genuine hierarchy of personalities and invented status symbols which actually impacted your real life, with measurable financial effects + or -. There were some *key* personalities which defined the experience as a whole, and it was not a happy one.

My third forum experience, indeed the most eye opening, was MSG (Microstockgroup) which is a safe haven of honesty regarding the business as a whole whereas honesty is not tolerated in the native forums of most agents. Some of the most shocking dramas come out of there!

I personally don’t believe things have to go this way, and that people should be honest with their personalities. I do wish that modern forum technology made a provision for eye-contact.

Forums are really quite a necessity in a living like ours – not necessarily a passtime or bonus endeavor. I hope Symbiostock as a whole can remember the human factor, and try to excel in reasonableness, respect, and lots of tolerance. And of course the willfully blatant/disprespectful people can be moderated. Otherwise respect and tolerance should be some key focuses.

Here’s an interesting article I found: http://voices.yahoo.com/the-psychology-online-forums-750677.html?cat=9

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I don’t disagree with anything you said, but I was wondering if there was something specific that made you post on this topic at this moment.

Was it the discussion around crapstock.com?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

There’s been a few skwabels in the last few weeks. Or is it squables…

Its really just a common forum plague…i figured it was worth mentioning.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I like skwabels much better, but it’s squabbles 🙂

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

we stuff squabblers for tx-giving dinner

Profile photo of Ezeepics
    Ezeepics
    Participant

Completely agree.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.