Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

My wp admin interface is offering an update to the premium plugin v 1.3.7

The changelog information says “Improved experience with batch editor when working with specifity editing.”

After the batch editor mangled the sizes of many images I stopped using it to try and set licenses – although I was able to change the sizes back OK, as far as I can tell.

Can you please elaborate a bit on what you’ve fixed?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

When you toggle mass-editing, there is visual organization and some visual guides when you hover. Please let me know if there are any issues you have.

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

So just UI changes?

Have you fixed the bug that changed file sizes (for blog, small & medium) when you applied licenses to existing images? If not, I’ll wait to test until a future version when that’s fixed – it’s too big a risk to mangle existing files otherwise.

Unrelated to the above, but related to the batch editor, I got a call a month or so ago from Justin at PicturEngine about getting my portfolio up there (I had signed up but never got the preview images set up). I told him I’d get to it, but when I went to actually generate the previews for them, it became clear it just wasn’t ready. I can’t make the promo images for my whole portfolio in any reasonable way, and even if I could, I can’t have new uploads get handled automatically in the future as I keep uploading. And how would I handle them manually? There’s just no workflow that makes any sense with things as they are now.

It’s great that you tried to get a connection between Symbiostock and PicturEngine, but there’s just a few missing pieces and the gap’s too wide to jump, IMO

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Tonight when I’m working in the translation accomodation, I’ll see whats happening that causes a resize during batch-processing. I might have knocked something out of order in previous changes.

PE – if things are set up you should be able to go through each page of your portfolio, select all, and generate previews. Having an option to create PE previews on-upload would be something I could implement.

Are you saying the PE implementation is giving you problems? Some people seem to have it, and others don’t. Talking with Justin, I was told the only problem he has is when he fetches updates from a Symbio-site during it’s processing time (generating sitemaps, etc)

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@joannsnover wrote:

So just UI changes?

Have you fixed the bug that changed file sizes (for blog, small & medium) when you applied licenses to existing images? If not, I’ll wait to test until a future version when that’s fixed – it’s too big a risk to mangle existing files otherwise.

Forgive me, but can you tell me what exactly is mangling sizes? I can’t find it. I’m trying to fix it tonight.

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

In the thread where we talked about this bug last year, several other people saw exactly the same thing, so I know it isn’t just my site.

I have two licenses – standard and extended (of the new license type). I would select a category of images in the batch editor and then go to Settings and whatever dialog to select those two licenses and which one was the default (so you clicked the box that said edit specific items and then the two licenses and the default box for Standard license.

Then submit that. You get the two licenses added but all the sizes for the images in that category are the max (5616 on the long edge for most of my images) – blog, small, medium and large keep their prices but their image sizes get changed to the original image size.

I was able to fix this (once I noticed it) by going back to the batch editor and making changes to the blog, small and medium sizes (and thankfully, the original sizes which vary were not homogenized by the bug).

This wiped out my licenses (which it shouldn’t have as I wasn’t checking the boxes for changing licenses) but I’d rather not be selling a full size image at a blog price than offer an extended license.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation. I had to look deep into this one! But I found what is causing it. Its going to take more than a small amendment, so tomorrow I’ll give a good amount of time to this issue.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I missed out on a few of the premium plug-in updates as I was happy with the way licences were working but updated since Christmas and did not notice any size changes

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

Mine is doing the same thing as Jo Ann’s. When I edit individual values in the batch editor it sets all my images sizes to the max resolution. The only way around it is to always select the the image sizes to be edited along with the primary edits originally planned.

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@leo wrote:

PE – if things are set up you should be able to go through each page of your portfolio, select all, and generate previews. Having an option to create PE previews on-upload would be something I could implement.

Honestly, this is at best just a workaround.

But I did set my images per page to 100 – which gives me 18 pages to work through to create the promo previews – today. And later if I need to update it, I have to keep track of where I stopped last time to know what to update.

This is slow, error prone and manual.

After doing 3 pages (300 images) I thought I’d check to see that there were 300 new files somewhere before going on. I found the files in the symbiostock_rf directory in the form xxxx_promo.jpg where xxxx is the image number.

There are 293 files with a promo suffix, not 300. I have no idea why that is or which images aren’t included. I get a message after each page “100 images reprocessed”. At first I thought I’d selected the wrong option and chosen to reprocess my watermarked previews, but as the promo files are there, I think it’s just the wrong message given on completion.

I’m not going to worry about the missing files because this is just a test, but I’m trying to illustrate that this isn’t really a workable approach if you have a large portfolio, will be adding more images over time, and care that all your images get over to the marketer. I have a sheet of notepaper with 1 to 18 marked on it and I’m crossing off as each page completes – there’s no way to know what you did in the event that I’m interrupted (for whatever reason) in the middle of doing this. It’d be nice to have some way of knowing without writing on a piece of paper…

I’ll let you know once I get this all connected up with PicturEngine

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I posted my lack of success in the PicturEngine thread – I made the previews but the XML file is empty

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

have the bugs in deleting keywords or categories been changed? it’s been there since the first release — if you try to delete keywords for selected images, it deletes that keyword entirely across ALL images

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I keep trying that, but I can’t seem to get that effect. For me it only deletes the keyword for that image (but it remains on others)

Please confirm other people are having the issue Cascoly mentions

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Leo, without some sort of undo, why would I want to remove a keyword from all images? That’s a big ask.

I’d do it on my test site (which doesn’t have any images but I could easily upload a handful) with your permission to use the premium plugin there (it’s not live). That way it’d be easier to track with some obvious bogus keywords on images just to see if they get zapped.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I assumed someone else would have seen it — I’m not saying screw up your images 😀

Thanks a lot for checking

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.