Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Do we get a signal from Symbiostock when it’s safe to run an update from WooCommerce? My current WC version is 2.4.6 and there’s a version 2.4.7 waiting to get installed.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

You can post queries about new versions here, but from now on we are only going to support new versions periodically. The reason for this is when they released 2.4, they introduced a large number of bugs that broke live sites – specifically related to licensing. They then fixed this by 2.4.4 many days later.

Due to that, we can’t rely on their releases to be bug free, nor can we determine immediately whether any issues that do arise are due to our incompatibility with the new version, or a bug with their release. We simply don’t have the manpower to debug each release they make in real time.

So the compatible version we are going to support will always be listed here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/symbiostock/installation/

We will also be creating a page here, on Symbiostock.org, explaining most of this stuff as well. Finally, unless there is an explicitly necessary reason to upgrade, the current stable version should provide 100% functionality for our stock media needs.

So my suggestion is learn to ignore the WooCommerce update prompt – in fact, I would edit the WooCommerce plugin itself and change the version to 999 so that the prompt goes away and you don’t accidentally upgrade; it can rarely be reversed if database changes take place.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

OK, that’s good and useful information. Thanks.

Profile photo of David Crockett
    David Crockett
    Participant

I realize this is an older post, however, I am curious what we are to do if WC finds a security issue and upgrades their plugin.  By not upgrading, that would leave us vulnerable to many severe issues.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

As mentioned, if we discover that something NEEDS to be updated, we will try to expedite that. However, this has not been an issue since the release of Symbiostock.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.