Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of franky242
    franky242
    Participant

Hi all,

I recently installed and configured the new Symbiostock and Express theme and most features really work fine. However some questions remain:

1. Categories and Photos on Startscreen of Shop:
      http://demo.symbiostock.com/shop/ shows teasers for categories (together with an image count) above the actual photos. How was this realized?
    2. Toggle buttons for list/grid also for Search results
      The buttons to switch to grid mode should also be available for search results: Mainly my editorial images have a rather long description, hence the search results page with its list view becomes rather cluttered. Example (the site is not final yet!): http://www.franky242.net/buy/?s=stuttgart21
    3. Related products
      As already addressed with Robin, my main (and only) critique at the moment covers the “related images” display – as Robin already confirmed this is on your list of improvements already: This feature worked pretty well in the legacy version and is imho really important for cross-selling…

That´s it. Thanks for the great work so far and for your support also in the future! Greetings, Frank from Germany

Profile photo of Dawn
    Dawn
    Keymaster

Hey Frank it’s good to have you here! Your site is looking wonderful 🙂

I recently vamped up the demo site and haven’t had a chance yet to add certain elements into the documentation. So let’s get to your question..

Categories and Photos on Startscreen of Shop:

1) In your WordPress dashboard go to Symbiostock > Categories

2) One by one, you need to edit and add an image to each of your categories. Do this by clicking ‘Edit’ under the category name, then upload an image for the Thumbnail (‘Upload/Add image’ button). Remember to click ‘Update‘ once you have selected your image.

3) In your WordPress dashboard go to WooCommerce > Products > Display

4) Under Shop Page Display select ‘Show Both‘. Now if you go to your shop page, your shop categories should show up.

5) This next step is to show you how you can make some design adjustments to the way the categories show up.
    Go to Symbiostock Express > Shop Settings. Scroll down to the ‘Shop Category Image Size‘ section. Here you can decide how many columns you want the categories to appear in and also the aspect ratio. For the demo site I used these settings:
    Shop Category Column Layout: Four Column
    Category Image Aspect Ratio: Wide Landscape 4:2

That’s it for your first question – let me know if you had any issues.

Profile photo of Dawn
    Dawn
    Keymaster

Regarding Toggle buttons for list/grid also for Search results:
    This is not a feature we have for the theme, but I’ll mark it down as something to look into adding for future theme updates.

Regarding Related products:
    Yeah, this is Robin’s department. The way related products show up is entirely a Woocommerce issue – definitely something we want to improve upon in the future.

I noticed on your shop page you have both ‘Show Category Filter on Shop Page’ and ‘Use Infinite Scroll on Shop pages’ settings enabled? We don’t recommend using the category filter together with infinite scroll – causes issues for the filter when there are so many products in queue to load.

If you have any other Symbiostock Express theme questions, just post it up!

franky242
    Participant

Hi Dawn,

thanks for your kind words and the great explanation regarding 1.) – I followed your instructions and all worked well, great to also have categories in the shop overview! Hope to see 2 and 3 soon as well, good luck for that! Regarding the filter in combination with infinite scroll I am currently testing but did not encounter any severe situations so far… Cheers, Frank

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Your site actually looks really fantastic.

franky242
    Participant

Thanks Robin! 🙂 However I found one more topic: On the iPAD the Search function is not displayed, neither on the demo shop nor on any other shop I found. It works fine on the iPhone but not on the iPad. In case you should not have one at hand here are the screens:

Is there any easy solution to this?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Franky,

I will get Dawn to look into this. Thanks for pointing it out!

Profile photo of Dawn
    Dawn
    Keymaster

Hi Franky,

With the mobile menu what happens is that when the screen size of the browsing device is below a certain pixel width, the theme uses the set mobile menu instead of the primary menu (if you have enabled a mobile menu). At the moment the mobile menu does not include the search icon. We will be adding this shortly to a future update. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.