Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of George Sheldon
    George Sheldon
    Participant

To brand Symzio, should the watermark being used be updated to Symzio rather than Symbiostock?

I know where to make the change – Symbiostock -> Settings but I don’t know where the Symzio watermark is located or if it should be used on the site. I can see the logic of only having Symzio watermark on images purchased through Symzio. If that is the case, should we continue to use Symbiostock watermark or doe it make more sense to brand with our own logo since the sale from our site is not through Symbiostock?

George

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Great question – as Symzio was launched pretty quickly we didn’t get a chance to explain all these things.

The watermark you use in Symbiostock is just relevant to your independent site – the processor creates Symzio thumbnails using the Symzio watermark on its own, regardless of what watermark you use for your independent site.

The only exception to this is videos – as we don’t want to store multiple copies of video previews, or force your server to unnecessarily process them twice, the actual video preview will always retain your personalized watermark.

So, the end answer is – don’t worry about it and use whatever watermark you want for your independent site.

George Sheldon
    Participant

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your prompt reply to my question.

I tried to replace the Symbiostock watermark with my logo file. While I can select it (it is a PNG 19.2K) and it shows that I have properly chosen this file, it will not save or upload. It does not replace the Symbiostock logo. (I can upload my PNG to my Media library.)  Any idea of what I might be incorrectly doing?

George

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

After you choose it and you submit, it does not replace it? What happens when you press submit?

You can manually do it – just upload ‘watermark.png’ to your uploads dir and it should automatically work. Symbiostock should automatically regenerate your thumbnails if you do that. Although doing it via the admin should pose no issue unless it isn’t a valid PNG.

George Sheldon
    Participant

Robin:

There is no Submit button visible. I have Choose File which works. The file name is displayed OK. The Symbiostock logo does not change. I also have a Save Changes button on the bottom of the page, and although it looks like it is saving, it is not – no update of the logo.

George

George Sheldon
    Participant

Robin,

I had no trouble changing the watermark following your instructions to replace the watermark.png file. Just thinking here -> could it be that the file must be named watermark,png before it would upload/save on the Settings page? Mentioning this so future readers here may be able to make this change if they care to do so.

George

Profile photo of amazeindesign
    amazeindesign
    Participant

There is no Submit button visible. I have Choose File which works. The file name is displayed OK. The Symbiostock logo does not change. I also have a Save Changes button on the bottom of the page, and although it looks like it is saving, it is not – no update of the logo.

After you ‘choose file’ for your watermark don’t forget to check the ‘reset media watermark’ option before you click the ‘save changes’ button below. It takes time to fully change the watermark specially if you have a lot of images.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey George,

After you choose your file, you need to go to the bottom and click on that save changes button. This is how the watermark gets reset. The original file name of the PNG does not matter. I just tested it on one of our test installs and it works – the image under ‘Thumbnails’ gets updated.

After you click ‘Save changes’ the page should upload your file and it should refresh. I can’t explain why this would not work – but the manual option works.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

And you do not have to click ‘reset watermark’ when uploading a new one – it it only useful if you want to reset it back to the default Symbiostock watermark.

George Sheldon
    Participant

Robin,

The plot thickens. I had tried the Save button but could not get my logo file to upload – I had tried to do this both with ansd without checking the checkbox. I had done this before posting my first message.

Your instructions to do this as a manual upload worked. I got my logo on the page. I saved again.

However, it is still not working. I just uploaded an image I created an hour ago (new image). Uploaded it, processed it, all worked okay, however it did not process with my logo – it has the original Symbiostock watermark, even though my watermark image is showing on the setup page.

George

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey George,

Send me your login info via PM and I’ll take a look. I can’t quite explain why what you are saying is happening so I’d have to do some quick testing. I’m sure it’s something small.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey George,

Just tried it out – the reason it does not look like it’s updated is the previous watermark image is cache’d by your browser. Just refresh the page and the new one shows up.

🙂

George Sheldon
    Participant

Robin,

This has resolved itself. I was using Chrome. I cleaned up my PC with CCleaner and the new (or actually my logo) loaded as expected. So for future users, if you change the watermark, be sure to refresh/clear your browser.

It is taking a while for my images to show the new watermark, but it is showing on multiple images.

Thanks again for your fast response and help! Much appreciated.

George

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.