Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David Kadlec
    David Kadlec
    Participant

Thank you Robin,

I’m not sure where the processor settings are exactly. Are you saying I need to set up a separate server side Cron job or is the plugin supposed to handle this (symbiostock/tools-cron.php)? My install (2.1.14) doesn’t have an interface for scheduling the processor. Only a field for Max Processor Load. Also, in the plugin editor the tools-cron.php file is inactive. Should I PM you with my login info?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey David,

WordPress does not have a ‘cron’ job persay – they call it that, but it runs in realtime when it is triggered by visitors on the front end. This does not work for Symbiostock as you don’t want to slowdown the visitor experience by performing maintenance based on their visits.

So you must schedule it within your operating system control panel – most web hosts provide you a control panel where you can do this relatively easily. The exact command you have to put into the cron job field is on your Symbiostock > Settings page.

If you have not yet done this, this is the reason why your media has not yet been picked up because the processor creates Symzio thumbs – Symzio will not include any media until the thumbs are generated on your end.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Your site looks fantastic by the way.

David Kadlec
    Participant

Thank you for the compliment Robin, and thank you for the clarification. I know about the pseudo cron limitations of WP, however I assumed (my bad) that when I uploaded my media via FTP and ran the processor manually through Symbiostock that the Symzio thumbs would be generated at that time. <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>I’ve set it up and we’ll see what happens. Fingers crossed.</span>

Cheers!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

They will almost unquestionably start showing up if your processor is running. Welcome aboard!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster
    David Kadlec
    Participant

Thank you steveh and Robin for your assistance. Happy to report they are all indexing now!

Profile photo of George Sheldon
    George Sheldon
    Participant

David,

Welcome to the foray!  I agree – your site looks great.  Very nice images.

George

David Kadlec
    Participant

Thank you very much George! Your’s look great too. Very powerful editorial stuff there!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.