Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Did you reconfirm your email afterwards?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I see your images on there – once you reconfirm your email your images should start coming back up.

Profile photo of amazeindesign
    amazeindesign
    Participant

Yes I already confirmed my email. I see my images coming back now. Thanks Robin

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Hi Robin

Still nothing picked up from 2/3 February from my site. I was searching for Limehouse as there are several of my shots with that as a keyword.

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Steve,

If you can confirm that they have the ‘Include in Symzio’ box checked, maybe PM me your login info and I’ll see if it’s a technical thing. All of my new stuff seems to be getting picked up.

I published this yesterday:

http://www.symzio.com/stock-video-footage/slow-moving-land-snail-shell-sliding-downwards-across-concrete

and it’s there.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Where does one get the new version with adjustable crawl rate? I don’t see it under Plugins to be updated.

Latest media to be found on symzio was published on Jan 27. Latest publication was on Feb 10, not yet listed on symzio. Just mentioning this for fine tuning. I don’t mind when stuff needs a week or two to get listed.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Andre,

The newest version of Symbiostock is 2.1.13 – that should be showing up as an update. If not, just manually download it from wordpress and upload it to your server. Once updated the crawl rate will be in your Symzio settings.

As for the crawl issue, I’ve looked into it and basically am tweaking the speed at which it crawls. There is no technical issue but we keep getting new contributors and in order to prevent any downtime I am slowing and carefully increasing the amount of crawling that gets done.

I have now tripled the speed with which a site gets crawled. This means, that right now:

If you set your crawl rate to 200, for example, approximately 2200 images will get crawled per day on your system. We’ll adjust this, and other things as Symzio gets larger and larger.

As you both have really large numbers of images, it is necessarily taking a bit longer to get your new images. I think what we might do is tweak it so it grabs new images as a priority in the next release. In fact, I may work on that right now.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Okay, so with 2.1.14 new media will always be prioritized – so you really don’t need to increase the crawl rate anymore unless you’re making sweeping changes to a majority of your media with regards to keywords and what not. Every time your site is crawled, which should be between 4-8 times a day, Symzio will grab any new media in addition to the normal crawl it performs. So this should pretty much permanently rectify all of these concerns. All new media should be visible within Symzio within about 5-6 hours of publication on your independent site.

The only exception to this rule is if you have like 6 thousand images and suddenly publish an additional 1000 – Symzio will only grab the last 100 and the remaining new 900 will have to get indexed through the normal course of indexing. In these situations you may want to temporarily increase the crawl load. But if you’re releasing 20 new ones here and there, or even 50 new ones on a daily basis, Symzio should get everything.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Great – I see that my images are now on Symzio.

Profile photo of David Kadlec
    David Kadlec
    Participant

Hey Steve, If you can confirm that they have the ‘Include in Symzio’ box checked, maybe PM me your login info and I’ll see if it’s a technical thing. All of my new stuff seems to be getting picked up. I published this yesterday: http://www.symzio.com/stock-video-footage/slow-moving-land-snail-shell-sliding-downwards-across-concrete and it’s there.

Hello Folks,

I’m new to the Symzio network and am having issues with the Symzio crawl as well. At least I think I am. I was approved on Saturday and as yet none of my portfolio has been added to the site. Latest version of Symbiostock installed. All images tagged for Symzio inclusion. Crawl rate set to 200. One thing I did notice with my installation though is the “include all media” checkbox can not be saved as “true”. Would this make any difference?

Thank you in advance.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

In the Symzio section of the admin site, I have the first box checked, the second says I am connected, then I have my sync code, then the crawl number (200) and then I have auto include media checked. Do you see the Connection Status box OK?

David Kadlec
    Participant

Thank you steveh,

Same as yours, yes. Connection status green “Connected” Auto include media checked. I was curious about the other “include all media” button further down. I was wondering if this one in some way negated the “auto include (new) media” by not crawling any content posted prior to being accepted to the network. In other words, could it be that only media that is uploaded after successfully connecting to Symzio is cronned and crawled if the “include all media” button is not checked. Since my install won’t allow me to check the latter button I was wondering if this might be my problem.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

The new Symzio arrived after I had uploaded many images and so all I had to do was to check them, at the time, as being available for Symzio. If I recall, that “include all media” was a way for early contributors to mark all their images for upload to Symzio as a one off thing.

I can’t explain why they are not being picked up – perhaps send a PM to Robin with your user name and password and he will check to see if anything is amiss.

David Kadlec
    Participant

I think I will wait a while longer just in case it’s a server load issue or what not. Robin probably has a lot on his plate at the moment.

Cheers!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

As long as your media is checked for inclusion and you have the processor running every minute, it should start collecting your media.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.