Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of George Sheldon
    George Sheldon
    Participant

I cannot dismiss the error message:

<span style=”color: #444444; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, ‘Segoe UI’, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;”>Submitter: Failed to connect and upload media to istock. Check username, password and server, or uncheck all media types to disable this agency. Continued failures will add load to your processor.</span>

It actually seems to me to be coming from within Symbiostock Pro.  If i deactivate the Submitter Plugin, the error persists. Deleting it does not get rid of the error.  If I delete Symbiostock Pro, the error goes away. When I reinstall Pro, no error initially, but it soon reappears, even without the Submitter installed and activated.

I’ve had this for a few weeks, but today my server crashed, out of memory.  So I thought ‘d mention this issue and see if I anyone else had this .  I am using: Symbiostock Lite 3.2.1 ; Symbiostock Pro 3.2.5 ; Symbiostock 3.2.0

I had setup an “istock” folder to do what was mentioned on another thread here on the forum.  Although I had an error message, it did work. This was also at the time of a recent update, so I am not sure what has actually caused the current error.  I also note that clearing my added sever n the Submitter does not stop the error message.

George

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey George,

This error can only be created if you have an ‘istock’ FTP server added to the Submitter and have a media type checked for that server. You can effectively disable the server by unchecking all the media types.

If you can confirm that you have done this and cleared the error, and that the error is still persisting, then PM me your login info and I’ll take a look.

George Sheldon
    Participant

Robin,

Clearing the istock submissions does not eliminate the error.  I will PM the login credentials. Thanks for looking at this one.

George

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi George,

I logged in and cleared the error and ten minutes later I still do not see it resurfacing.

I also see that you do have an ‘istock’ labeled agency in your Submitter which points to your own server but as suggested, none of the media types are ticked so Symbiostock will not try to connect to it.

Can you advise me on how I can reproduce your error, or could it be that you were running some tests to create a repository of media to submit to istock using the self-deposit method and this caused the confusion?

George Sheldon
    Participant

Robin,

Thanks for looking into this.

I just logged in and I do not see the error.  At this points, it appears that whatever you did to clear the error was the answer. (I’ve been clicking on the dismiss error message, but that did not remove the message for me.) Ever since adding the “istock” agency is when the error occurred. However, the error message did not bother me as Submitter was processing the images and placing them correctly in the “istock” file folder that I had created.  It was only when my server went down that I thought there could be perhaps some endless loop occurring. Prior to my error message, I thought it might be because of a recent upgrade,

Since using the Submitter, some of my agencies do cause errors from time to time. But those errors to clear up – I assume it is an issue with the FTP server at the agency, and ten it reverts back to normal functionality, and Submitter worked as expected.

I’ll get back to work uploading more images, and I will let you know if the error reoccurs.

Thanks again for checking into this for me, and for removing that error message.

George

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey George,

Yeah, all I did was log in and click ‘dismiss errors’ and that’s it. It may have been a temporary glitch with your server or something.

Let me know if the issue happens again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.