Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of George Sheldon
    George Sheldon
    Participant

Don’t overlook the Site Tagline – Below Logo (it is on the Main Settings Page).

Google grabs whatever you lace there – and it is a great place to define who you are or what you do (think branding!).

Here s what I currently have in mine:  Mid-Atlantic Travel Stock Photos – DC, DE, MD, NJ, PA, VA

If you do a Google Search on that line you will see my results.  Even a portion of this words, such as Mid-Atlantic Travel Stock Photos, gets me high rankings.

It doesn’t work quite as well in Bing, but it does work.

George

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Thanks George – my entry was blank so I put some words there. I don’t have a logo image and so I am not sure if this will make a difference for me. I checked your search words – it does seem to come high in Google as you say.

Steve

George Sheldon
    Participant

Steve,

I think you can “test” to see if it is showing up if you try to look at by viewing the source. If you pull up your site in the browser, view the source and see if your words are there (i do a search for the words).  If it is showing on that page, I am sure Google, Bing et al will see it.  I found this really helps.

George

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Looks like you need a logo for the text to be added to the page. Perhaps I will investigate that next.

George Sheldon
    Participant

Steve:

Quick thought:  would a small, clear jpg (or the same color as your background) fix this for you?

George

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Good idea. A logo would be nice to tie bits of my site together as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.