Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chrisroll
    Chrisroll
    Participant

Hi, Robin,

I’ve this PHP error since few days when launching Symbiostock processor :

[16-Aug-2018 13:13:26 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 69206016) (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/dpasscom/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2514
    [16-Aug-2018 13:26:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 62914560) (tried to allocate 135168 bytes) in /home/dpasscom/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1891
    [16-Aug-2018 13:27:05 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 62914560) (tried to allocate 135168 bytes) in /home/dpasscom/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1891
    [16-Aug-2018 13:29:35 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 60817408) (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/dpasscom/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2514

I Checked my memory limit and all seems to be OK
    This error occurs even there’s no images to process in /ss_media/new/ folder.

When I desactivate cron job and launch processor manually, I usually get error message on the second lauch (one minute after the first launch)
    When Images are present in /ss_media/new/ folder they seems to be proceessed correctly despite the error message (product created, thumbmail created…) but second image can only be processed ten minutes later due to memory error…

I verified server information with a phpinfo() command in wp-includes directory and everything seems to be fine :
    Local values/ Master values :
    max_execution_time : 600 / 90
    max_input_time : 600 / 60
    memory_limit : 256M / 256M
    post_max_size : 256M / 128M

Tried to upgrade to last symbiostock plugin version but have the same error.
    Tried to desactivate plugins : same error
    Tried to contact hosting support but they couldn’t solve that issue.
    Tried to modify php.ini / .htaccess / wp-config.php / .user.ini : same error
    Tried to add this line
    <?php
    ini_set(‘memory_limit’,’256M’);
    at the top of wp-db.php file : Same error

I’m now running out of ideas to solve this problem…

Thanks for your help !

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Chris – this issue arises when your web host does not provide you enough memory allocation. This is different from the PHP memory limit in your settings and is actually in the gigs not mb. Symbiostock Hosting for example allocates up to 10Gb of burst memory. Vector especially can require a lot of memory for processing. I suggest you ask you web host how much RAM is allocated to your account and let us know.

Chrisroll
    Participant

Hi, Robin,

Thanks for your answer,

I’ve no vector on my website.

Account Allocated Ram (1024M) seems not to be the problem because I’ve another test website on the same server with 4 times less Ram (256M) and It works flawessly when I process images.

I

Chrisroll
    Participant

Hi, Robin,

Webhosting support asked me to run script directly from Putty/ SSH by executing php command without using curl command or url.

” The issue with using CURL is that it’s still sending a request to the website – which could be causing the error. It would be ideal to just run the PHP script directly from the command line; which would take any web server errors out of the equation entirely.
    The syntax to run a PHP script via the command line is simply “php YOURFILE.php” where “yourfile” is the PHP script you need to run.

So, what is the php script to launch to execute Symbiostock processor ?.

Thanks !

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Chris – the PHP error you are seeing is saying that it is reaching its max at 69206016 bytes, which is about 69MB of RAM. That is high but potentially correct for the processor (it should usually be less at around 30). Nevertheless a 69MB limit should not be a problem at all if your hosting setup is correct, so I can almost unequivocally tell you that it is a problem with your web host.

Regarding running the cron as a PHP command line, this is a really good concept, however unfortunately WordPress does not support command line execution and accordingly the processor cannot be run that way. It is something we initially strongly toyed with as it would be superior in many ways but unfortunately the infrastructure that is WordPress does not support it.

Keep posting here to diagnose your issue.

Chrisroll
    Participant

Hey Robin,

Thanks a lot for these explanations, I’ll be back as soon as I get something new.

Chris

Chrisroll
    Participant

Hi, Robin,

Web hosting support raised memory up to 6GB and I got always the same error…
    I wonder why this error happens even if there are no images to process ?

Isn’t the use of memory mainly done by image manipulation under ImageMagick?
    Can the mere launch of the processor be the cause of a memory error ?

I did a test on a stage website (same server) :

I started a symbiostock website from scratch and uploaded 3000 images to process
    Up to 1200 images no problem the processing is done in a normal way.
    Above 1200 images processed, I start to see the same error messages as on the production site.
    Could this be related to the size of the database?

Thanks,
    Chris

Chrisroll
    Participant

In fact, if I place 5 images in upload directory, and manually reset cron timer every minute, every products and thumbnails are correctly created every minute with all metadata and with apparently no other issue than 5 error messages.
    The issue seems not to be related with image processing…

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Chris – that is very strange. Although a very annoying thing to do, if you can, can you try it on another server? Can you try to create a trial account with a company like godaddy or namecheap or bluehost and see if the same issue arises? If so then we can actually go in and diagnose it. You usually get a 30 day trial so if possible give that a go and if you experience the same issue then we will be able to know that it is not your server.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Alternatively if you want you can sign up with Symbiostock Hosting to test it out and I can go in and refund the cost just for testing purposes. If you do want to try this just go to Symbiostock Hosting and sign up and let me know in here once you’ve created a duplicate test site and I will refund you the hosting cost.

Chrisroll
    Participant

Thank a lot Robin,

I will give a try to Symbiostock Hosting and I ‘ll let you know when my duplicate site will be created.

Chris

Chrisroll
    Participant

It’s OK, Robin, all my website files are restored to the symbiostock account.

I restored the database and modified wp-config.php file

Chrisroll
    Participant

Hi,

Do I need to change dns on my domain to access to Symbiostock website or can I access with a temporary url (I tried https://server_url/~user but it doesn’t work) ?

Thanks !

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Chris – yes, you would have to update the URL or use a test one

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Just for anyone else, this issue was resolved by moving back to the old host. Why the issue was arising with the new host is still unresolved and the answer likely lies in the way they have setup their hosting systems.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.