Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of George Sheldon
    George Sheldon
    Participant

My directional arrows are missing.  Those little “>” things that point left, right, or down.  They should be in the menus and with the Previous Post or Next Post buttons.  I only have a small square, which I assume if a market for the missing symbol.

I noticed at least one other Symbiostock Express site having this same issue.  Has anyone been able to fix this?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi George,

This was rectified in subsequent Symbiostock Express versions. Is yours updated? If not, you can go through the checkout process and get the newest version using the ‘Purchaser Upgrade’ payment choice (the updating mechanism was switched many months ago) so yours may not be receiving the correct notifications.

Please be aware that when migrating to the new version it is better to test it out first through exporting settings from the old one to the new one to make sure everything translates seamlessly. You can do this by uploading the new one under a different folder name until you are completely happy with it, then remove the old one and rename the new one to the correct folder. This way you can simultaneously have two different versions of Symbiostock Express installed.

George Sheldon
    Participant

Robin,

Thanks for your reply.  I currently have Version: 3.3.1 installed. I started the Purchaser Upgrade process.

George

I am still using 2.0.1.

Just placed an upgrade order and PMed Robin.

Is it possible to have an update button just like the one in plugins? The theme page does not say upgrade available. That’s why I am still using the very old version.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi guys – many months ago there was a change in the way the Express upgrade system worked. I had posted about it and you needed to manually download the new version once then upgrades would resume working.

Hi George – the version you are using is the newest one. I will look to see what arrows you are talking about.

George Sheldon
    Participant

Robin,

Thanks for looking into this.  You can see me “missing” arrows in my menu – there is a square box there where the arrow should be.  Also, you will see the same thing in a blog post at the bottom where the Next Post and Previous Post buttons are located.

George

I see. Now I upgraded and it says is the newest version V3.0.0. (Is it supposed to be 3.3.1 as George mentioned?)

Don’t know why I have the very old version as I found the upgrade purchase pack on my hard drive. After installation and then upgrade, it works fine.

It appears I also have the same missing arrow problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.