Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gameover
    gameover
    Participant

Hello, I’m here again : I left InMotion and at the moment I’m developing on my old shared server where all worked well out of the box from the start. I contacted the service and they told me no problem to stay there till the CPU occupation is under 25%. I controlled , using the cron job I’m well under, let’s see.. It nice to know that you offer hosting again !

Now, I’m concentrating my effort on the website, it is almost ready. I have a noisy issue: when I make some editing on an image and save the changes with the normal “update” button on the right, my variations disappear and I have to install them again. But, after saving them with the “save changes”at the bottom,  if I push “update” after, they disappear again.  Anyone with the same problem?

My theme is shop-front, Woocommerce ready, and I developed so many shops with so different themes and I never found this issue.

I tried to run some tests and to define directly in Woocommerce different attributes and make another sort of variable product, but it is not possible, you Symbiostock has monopolized all the attributes! 🙂  I would be very grateful for an answer, thanks in advance !

gameover
    Participant

Update: I changed theme and it happens again, every text editing makes the prices disappear.

gameover
    Participant

Solved!

I had to deselect “Auto-filter Licenses during save” in Symbiostock settings.

Now all is working perfectly, I can update what I want on the product page and the licenses are always there.

But why? I would like to know the meaning of that…or at least how this setting interferes with the publish/update button of the product.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Licensing in Symbiostock is meant to be done on a mass, global scale. So that means you go to Symbiostock > Licensing and make edits there. Then, when you save a product the licenses that fit will automatically be applied.

If you manually create licenses for a product, then you don’t want the auto filtering to apply. In this case, you would de-deselect that option. Otherwise, the product is purged of licenses and the global settings apply.

It is generally better to do all your licensing using the global filtering process so that if you need to change pricing, names, or other factors regarding it, it’s only done in one place.

gameover
    Participant

Hi Robin, thanks for answering!

that’s fine, the possibility of working globally on the licenses  is an enormous Symbiostock help.
    But it doesn’t explain why if I want for instance to change the category of an image in a second time, also only using the quick edit feature, the licenses of that image disappear and I have to enter them again manually.

Now that I know that I have to select/deselect the auto-filter Licenses option depending on what I have to do, for me it is okay 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.